Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I know they had done that for the Altima. Hopefully the same is true for the PF. I'll have to ask my SA next time around.

·
Registered
34 Posts
From everything I have read, the extension only applies to Nissan's equipped with the CVT purchased before 2010.

It was actually a statement that gave me some comfort in regards to the durability of the CVT, because why would Nissan extend a warranty on a part knowing that it would cost them a boat load of money to honor. Of course, the other side of the coin is that they knew there was a problem and did it to avoid future litigation.

If this is true, and it includes the 2013 Pathfinder, well to me that is good news because I will own this vehicle at least that long.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is true for all Nissan CVT-equipped models from 2008 to 2010, which include the Rogue, Altima, Sentra, and Murano. It was extended to 10 years or 120,000 miles.

Now this doesn't mean they aren't going to offer up something similar for the current Pathfinder, perhaps they have or will, but if you don't have any documentation I wouldn't hold my breath.

For what its worth, my 2008 Rogue CVT has been great, incredible efficiency right on par with my window sticker expected mileage, very smooth and driveable. It is nice to have the 10-year warranty to go along with it, and I think Nissan would sell a lot more Pathfinders, and have a lot more satisfied owners with peace of mind if they offered the 10-year warranty on all CVT equipped models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts