Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fido, the 88 Pathfinder, had baffled the trailer guys trying to get lights to work on the freshly wired trailer. Until they figured out it wasn't getting enough juice to the wiring. So now I'm left with trying to find out why without spending tons of money at a shop.

Does anybody have ideas on where I can start looking for the gremlin? Could it be a bad alternator or something in the wiring harness or? I have decent mechanical and wiring skills, tools including a multimeter, and a manual with a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,533 Posts
I know for many years, Nissan had sporadic issues with having the 12VDC constant power pin and the E-brake power pins reversed in the 2-pin connector at the back of the vehicle. This was a problem on my FILs 2017 Nissan Frontier. The RV store nor the local Nissan dealer couldn't figure it out. I did after a few moments of innerwebs searching and fixed it myself by swapping the pins around in the connector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent things to try so far guys, thanks! Keep em coming, I won't be digging around on it for a couple days until it cools down a bit here. (North of Seattle)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.