Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have trouble withe the TPMS showing the wrong tire pressure?

I checked all four tires with a digital tire pressure gauge and they're all at 35PSI, spec for the 20" rims. My TPMS shows:

Left front: 43
Left rear: 43
Right front: 45
Right rear: 45

Can this be calibrated by me or at the dealer?

·
Registered
32 Posts
TPMS reading for my PF is accurate. I meter check all tires for 36psi (I got 20") and the read out on dash is correct showing 36psi for all tire. Either the meter you use is bad or the car computer need calibrate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine is accurate. Of course the pressure rises when they warm up from driving. About 1 psi for each 10 degrees F. I believe.

Harvey

·
Registered
63 Posts
When my tires are cold - but moving (as you have to be driving for the tpms to work) they are right on with my gauge at 35-36 - but they warm up to 40-41 after driving a while, so if you compare the gauge reading before you drive to after, they will be much different

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Bring it back to the dealer. Could be mis-calibrated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
possible need to be re-calibrated. but from my experience w/ tpms I have yet to have very many that were 100% accurate. all are just estimates so to speak.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
They usually aren't perfect but a 10psi difference is a big difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm going to check with the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Mine is right on with the digital pressure gauge when the tires are cold. Drive a bit and it goes up 2-3 PSI generally. I agree with the others... 10 PSI is way too much of a discrepancy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts