Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the info.
We have the Equalizer2 WDH/Sway bars and they have exceeded my expectations. We have been on a couple camping trips since the last post between 150 & 200 miles. Even with some strong headwinds our PF performance was great very stable, level, with minimal sway and gas milage averaging 12.2 mpg. We do have airbags but they are not needed, the WDH alone does the job. The PF has no problem towing our 3600 lbs trailer plus gear, food, gas and 2 adults. We stopped and weighed our trailer/PF on a CAT scale and were just under 5300lbs. Adding a couple more adults or more gear but staying under 6000lbs will be no issue.
Good stuff: it's ridiculous how quick the lbs pile up when towing!
remember the 6k limit is for your trailer (given you haven't gone over your rating for the vehicle itself - sorry, I struggle to remember the acronyms...): you could theoretically reach 11k lbs total on the scale (PF + trailer + passenger + crap). You're well under, and you could tow quite more according to Nissan'S specs. Safe or not, desirable or not, that's a whole other story. Waiting to hear comments from Larry , you and others on my other post... : )

·
Registered
358 Posts
Eh Larry:
is there a way to create the sticky you mentioned?
Would be happy to contribute. could be fun to create it with a bunch of guys with real towing experience with those PFs.
Let me know
A while back I suggested it to the mods and they told me that there would be too many variables and combinations of vehicle and trailers to make it feasible.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Eh Larry, btw, I tried the CVTz50 app: worked instantly in truck! Super happy, I'll be now able to monitor the tranny temp. Well worth spending $5 for the app.
I connected using a cheap amazon wifi obd dongle.
Much thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
876 Posts
What are you guys seeing for CVT fluid temps once up to temp? I know with my ZF 8spds in the Ram 1500s I've owned, 180degF is the norm.
One of the issues to me is you have 2 different fluid temp scenarios associated with the CVT fluid. The bulk fluid temp that you see in the pan and coming out of the fluid cooler, then you have the fluid temps in contact with the working bits of the CVT. Those temps are always going to be hotter.

I know with our 2019 PF the few times I've checked this, I could drive it all day with 4-6 people in it and the CVT pan never gets so hot that I can't put my hand on it. IMO, it feels relatively cool for what it is and what it does.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What are you guys seeing for CVT fluid temps once up to temp? I know with my ZF 8spds in the Ram 1500s I've owned, 180degF is the norm.
One of the issues to me is you have 2 different fluid temp scenarios associated with the CVT fluid. The bulk fluid temp that you see in the pan and coming out of the fluid cooler, then you have the fluid temps in contact with the working bits of the CVT. Those temps are always going to be hotter.

I know with our 2019 PF the few times I've checked this, I could drive it all day with 4-6 people in it and the CVT pan never gets so hot that I can't put my hand on it. IMO, it feels relatively cool for what it is and what it does.
From our previous experience with our Sienna, (still have to try the app in PF while towing - but we've towed about 5k kms with trailer now with PF) it will only heat up dangerously in long ascents WHILE loaded (if you're heavy and getting to GCWR say). Curious to see as well what the folks are reading for temps in these conditions. The rest should be a non-issue PoManz.

Reactions: PoManzPathy
21 - 25 of 25 Posts