Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to be trading in our 2014 for a new 2020 Pathfinder. Yeah, we like them that much. The car the dealer has doesn't have a hitch but said they would install the trailer package for free. I haven't seen the car yet and am concerned it won't have the Tow Mode since it wasn't built with a trailer package. Does anyone know if ALL pathfinders have the tow mode as standard?

Would be nice if I heard today since we are picking it up this afternoon. If it's everything we thought it would be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We are going to be trading in our 2014 for a new 2020 Pathfinder. Yeah, we like them that much. The car the dealer has doesn't have a hitch but said they would install the trailer package for free. I haven't seen the car yet and am concerned it won't have the Tow Mode since it wasn't built with a trailer package. Does anyone know if ALL pathfinders have the tow mode as standard?

Would be nice if I heard today since we are picking it up this afternoon. If it's everything we thought it would be.
I have a 2020 S. There is a Tow Mode button, driver side lower dash. I had an aftermarket hitch receiver installed (Curt) and 7 pin connector. E-Trailer has everything you need to install the hitch.
Is the Dealer installing the Nissan hitch and related parts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
My SV has a tow mode button but without the hitch.. which I plan to add the factory hitch later this year

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
819 Posts
Are you referring to the tow/haul mode button? I thought all 2013-2021s had that. I guess it changes "shift" patterns on the CVT, but I can't feel any difference if I turn that mode on on our 2019 SV.

Other than the hitch and wiring there's no difference between models.

·
Registered
298 Posts
""shift" patterns on the CVT ". That's almost an oxymorne, no?
Someone mentioned it downshifts on downhill. I never noticed any difference either until I tested it on a long downhill and it does seem to downshift or at least change the transmission to include some engine drag. Guessing it may make some changes on starts as well.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
819 Posts
There's been so many power-train changes between 2014 and now, it's hard to say exactly what tow / haul mode does, but you gotta assume it does what's listed above.

I know the rare times I drive our 2019, if I'm just tooling around town at lower speeds, I like to turn OD off. I can't stand when the engine lugs at low speeds due to the CVT wanting to get it into high range as soon as possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My SV has a tow mode button but without the hitch.. which I plan to add the factory hitch later this year
The dealer is going to have a 3rd party "Mountain Toppers" put the hitch and wiring harness on the care and install the controller. They say they've used them for all their hitches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you referring to the tow/haul mode button? I thought all 2013-2021s had that. I guess it changes "shift" patterns on the CVT, but I can't feel any difference if I turn that mode on on our 2019 SV.

Other than the hitch and wiring there's no difference between models.
I'm referring to the "Tow Mode" button on the lower left of the steering column. It is supposed to change the gearing somewhat and help with engine braking going downhill.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,533 Posts
I'm referring to the "Tow Mode" button on the lower left of the steering column. It is supposed to change the gearing somewhat and help with engine braking going downhill.
See post # 6. That link will explain it all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
""shift" patterns on the CVT ". That's almost an oxymorne, no?
Someone mentioned it downshifts on downhill. I never noticed any difference either until I tested it on a long downhill and it does seem to downshift or at least change the transmission to include some engine drag. Guessing it may make some changes on starts as well.
Even my 2015 nissan altima did the downshift on hills. We traded it for a 2019 pathfinder

1 - 11 of 11 Posts