Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Curts hitch from etrailer but noticed they did not offer an aftermarket option for the wiring. Saw that nissan sells the wiring and relay for it. Should I go with the factory one or any of you have any experience with aftermarket harness that can refer me to.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The factory wiring and relay work perfectly and ready to go. I see no reason to bother with aftermarket product. Added bonus is that because its factory designed to work with your pathfinder any issues would be handled by factory/dealer and most often under warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The factory wiring and relay work perfectly and ready to go. I see no reason to bother with aftermarket product. Added bonus is that because its factory designed to work with your pathfinder any issues would be handled by factory/dealer and most often under warranty.

Thanks a lot for the info I will be getting it from my local dealer soon. The hitch is on it's way should be here by the middle of this week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

Went with the factory harness and it works perfect needed the two relays for the front and had to add the 3 relay box underneath the cargo box and connect the finishing cable in the prewired plugs under the rear bumper cover, was lucky to have the kit and the relays in stock at my local dealer seller got me a nice discount on it. The Curt hitch is a very nice way to add the hitch without paying so much for the factory one, will post pictures soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a hitch but the shop that sold me the hitch, told me they had no wiring for the 2013 yet. How complicated was the installation and what factory parts do I need? I'm not very good when it comes to wiring and electircal stuff. If you had any pictures I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
Can you please post pics of your hitch installed
was it easy for the curtis hitch
plus if you can describe or send pics of how the nissan wiring was installed please

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went with the factory harness and it works perfect needed the two relays for the front and had to add the 3 relay box underneath the cargo box and connect the finishing cable in the prewired plugs under the rear bumper cover, was lucky to have the kit and the relays in stock at my local dealer seller got me a nice discount on it. The Curt hitch is a very nice way to add the hitch without paying so much for the factory one, will post pictures soon.
Can I have the part number for the box. I installed the two relays upfront and the 4 pin wiring harness but I dont know what is the other part you are talking about My boat trailer lights are not working and im not getting power to the harness. Thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts

Can you please post a picture of where you put the 7-pin plug?

·
Registered
9 Posts
pic pic pic
I'm wanting to do the same in adding the 'tow package' to mine,
if I use the OEM Nissan one or if I use the Etrailer or some other one.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
The O.P. hasn't posted here in over 2 years. He may not even have his Pathfinder any more at this point. :44: You can try sending him a PM, where he might get an email notification.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Factorty package intalled recetly.

pic pic pic
I'm wanting to do the same in adding the 'tow package' to mine,
if I use the OEM Nissan one or if I use the Etrailer or some other one.
Hi, I did a self install on a factory package a month ago or so. I bought the kit from ebay and had everything for a factory look. It took a few hours and a little discerning cutting into the bumper w a rotozip. Overall it was a clean job, instructions were great and the factory harness works great and no guesswork on splicing or anything. I posted some pics of my install too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts