Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone had their dealer install a tow hitch, wiring harness, and finisher on their 2022 pathfinder?

Did they install a Nissan part receiver or one from a 3rd party? Dealer is telling me Nissan receiver is backordered with no estimate date.

Thanks
Before you spend money, I want to make sure you understand that your towing capacity is only 3500 lb since your tow hitch is not installed by manufacturer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh this is news. I knew the S level was only capable of 3500 because it did not have the tranny cooler but I thought the rest of the trims are listed at 6000 even if you install your own hitch.
SV and SL trims without premium package also come without additional tranny cooler and therefore with only 3500 lbs capacity.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dealer installed 4 pin which is the only harness shown in Nissan accessories.
Thank you for confirmation.
Its weird that in 2022 PF Nissan went back to 4-pin connector harness. Originally I thought it maybe a mistake or misprint, I guess not.
In my 2017 PF I had 7-pin

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know what you are saying, but not sure how 4-pin connector could prevent people towing more than 3500 lbs, All old trailers and boats were equipped with 4-pin connectors.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I plan to buy an 8 seater SUV either the PF or the Telluride. Losing a seat is a big waste, in my opinion, so going with "premium" pkg is not an option.
According to the catalog, the SV and SL trims need the premium pkg to include the 7 pin harness tow hitch. I had completely overseen that aspect.

So if I buy the 2022 PF SL AWD without the premium pkg, what do I need to do to equip the vehicle so it can tow 6,000 lb?

Can dealers install the transmission cooler and 7 pin tow hitch?

Is it possible to do that myself? Is that difficult/sketchy/expensive?
I have PF SV without premium package (needed rear bench), and couldn't find the way to "upgrade" transmission cooling. I don't think its possible. If anyone know, please share, otherwise I am stuck with 3500 lbs towing capacity.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you know if there's a practical way to install a 7 pin tow hitch and harness?
In my previous 2017 Pathfinder I installed it myself. Installing tow hitch receiver, harness and finisher is not hard. The thing is 2022 Pathfinder wire harness as optional accessory comes only as 4-pin as far as I know.
You need to consider the following:
1. If you swap original 4-pin harness with 7-pin, 2022 PF finisher most likely will not work.
2. You will need to research if 2013-2020 7-pin harness will work for 2022 PF. You need to consider cable lengths, relays etc.

These are part numbers for 2022 PF:
  • Tow Hitch: T99T5-6TA0A
  • Tow Hitch Finisher: T99T5-6TA60
  • Tow Hitch Harness: T99T8-6TA0A
2013-2020 7-pin harness:
999T8-XZ000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts