Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their dealer install a tow hitch, wiring harness, and finisher on their 2022 pathfinder?

Did they install a Nissan part receiver or one from a 3rd party? Dealer is telling me Nissan receiver is backordered with no estimate date.

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Has anyone had their dealer install a tow hitch, wiring harness, and finisher on their 2022 pathfinder?

Did they install a Nissan part receiver or one from a 3rd party? Dealer is telling me Nissan receiver is backordered with no estimate date.

Thanks
Before you spend money, I want to make sure you understand that your towing capacity is only 3500 lb since your tow hitch is not installed by manufacturer.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thanks
Getting mine done this Saturday by dealership. Aware of 3500lbs limit but want some more options for small hauling and camping gear.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Getting mine done this Saturday by dealership. Aware of 3500lbs limit but want some more options for small hauling and camping gear.
Oh this is news. I knew the S level was only capable of 3500 because it did not have the tranny cooler but I thought the rest of the trims are listed at 6000 even if you install your own hitch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh this is news. I knew the S level was only capable of 3500 because it did not have the tranny cooler but I thought the rest of the trims are listed at 6000 even if you install your own hitch.
SV and SL trims without premium package also come without additional tranny cooler and therefore with only 3500 lbs capacity.

·
Registered
61 Posts
View attachment 16587
View attachment 16586
Got my hitch installed today. Looks good, don't have any immediate need for it but like having the option. All parts from Nissan: Receiver, finisher, and harness.
Does look good, congrats! I noticed the harness is 4 pin though, vs 7 pin that comes with the factory installed option. Did a quick internet search and seems the bumper finisher for previous model Pathfinders were 7 pin as well. Very interesting that yours is 4 pin. Did you specifically request that? Or you know if Nissan just made this change to a different harness?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does look good, congrats! I noticed the harness is 4 pin though, vs 7 pin that comes with the factory installed option. Did a quick internet search and seems the bumper finisher for previous model Pathfinders were 7 pin as well. Very interesting that yours is 4 pin. Did you specifically request that? Or you know if Nissan just made this change to a different harness?
I didn't even realize the factory models with harness had 7pin. 4 Pin is the only option a available thru Nissan for the 2022 Pathfinder in terms of accessories.
Weird they would do that

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dealer installed 4 pin which is the only harness shown in Nissan accessories.
Thank you for confirmation.
Its weird that in 2022 PF Nissan went back to 4-pin connector harness. Originally I thought it maybe a mistake or misprint, I guess not.
In my 2017 PF I had 7-pin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The PF comes with the 7 pin wiring and oil cooler on the Platinum trim or Premium package, but the dealer add on accessory is only 4 pin and no cooler. I bet they don't want people towing 4000+ pounds without the oil cooler and the needed additional electrical connections.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know what you are saying, but not sure how 4-pin connector could prevent people towing more than 3500 lbs, All old trailers and boats were equipped with 4-pin connectors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SV and SL trims without premium package also come without additional tranny cooler and therefore with only 3500 lbs capacity.
I plan to buy an 8 seater SUV either the PF or the Telluride. Losing a seat is a big waste, in my opinion, so going with "premium" pkg is not an option.
According to the catalog, the SV and SL trims need the premium pkg to include the 7 pin harness tow hitch. I had completely overseen that aspect.

So if I buy the 2022 PF SL AWD without the premium pkg, what do I need to do to equip the vehicle so it can tow 6,000 lb?

Can dealers install the transmission cooler and 7 pin tow hitch?

Is it possible to do that myself? Is that difficult/sketchy/expensive?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I plan to buy an 8 seater SUV either the PF or the Telluride. Losing a seat is a big waste, in my opinion, so going with "premium" pkg is not an option.
According to the catalog, the SV and SL trims need the premium pkg to include the 7 pin harness tow hitch. I had completely overseen that aspect.

So if I buy the 2022 PF SL AWD without the premium pkg, what do I need to do to equip the vehicle so it can tow 6,000 lb?

Can dealers install the transmission cooler and 7 pin tow hitch?

Is it possible to do that myself? Is that difficult/sketchy/expensive?
I have PF SV without premium package (needed rear bench), and couldn't find the way to "upgrade" transmission cooling. I don't think its possible. If anyone know, please share, otherwise I am stuck with 3500 lbs towing capacity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have PF SV without premium package (needed rear bench), and couldn't find the way to "upgrade" transmission cooling. I don't think its possible. If anyone know, please share, otherwise I am stuck with 3500 lbs towing capacity.
Do you know if there's a practical way to install a 7 pin tow hitch and harness?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts