Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2010 Enclave. I drove about 50 miles today in a Platinum(non premium) This will not be the car I buy(wrong color). Here are some comments:

1. 1st CVT I've driven. It was fine, neither good nor bad.
2. Enjoyable to drive, It's slightly smaller than the Enclave and handles better.
3. Distance to empty didn't work right. It showed 38 miles, I added about 3+ gallons and the DTE didn't change, eventually the nav screen showed **** while there was 1/4 tank of gas left.
4.The rear camera picture was crooked
5. I experienced a very very slight tremor when pulling up to a street light. Did I experience the Judder?
6.Miles per gallon per the info screen(not actual calculation) was very acceptable, better than the Enclave.
7. Materials were fine. Some materials better than the Enclave, some not. Very good for the price.

I'm about 95% sure I'll purchase the Pathfinder Friday. Anyone have experiences with any of the above? Anything not fixable?

Finally, does anyone think NTB 13064 will not fix the Judder. I would like my purchase to be contingent on this being done before I sign my name.

Thanks, all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
As a PF owner who has dealt with judder, had total transmission replacement at 1500 miles and still has judder -- I would not recommend buying this vehicle. I think it has best in class features interior/exterior, but the transmission problems are really disappointing. I wish I had found this out before purchasing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
As a PF owner who has dealt with judder, had total transmission replacement at 1500 miles and still has judder -- I would not recommend buying this vehicle. I think it has best in class features interior/exterior, but the transmission problems are really disappointing. I wish I had found this out before purchasing.
Contact your dealer and ask them about the fix Nissan publicly announced they would have available by the end of June.

I've seen some people on here say that they have had the faulty part replaced with a newly designed one and so far, no problems.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Even with the judder, I would purchase this vehicle again. Yes, they put it in service too fast, but are standing behind it, and will fix it. If you want to try a car that gets ignored, then go buy a Kia.....as they are a prime example of how OEM ignores the customers. Growing pains are normal ( some more than others) with a clean sheet model, and as long as the OEM stands behind it, all will be fine. You can ask the dealer to fix the judder, with new Torque converter, and you will buy it...... I suspect that eventually most if not all will get the new Torque converter. They are just a a hot ticket item right now.

Erling

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love the look and feel of the drive of the PF. I have not felt the JUDDER to any extent since I bought mine and any MINOR details i have had Nissan has stepped up. I have this is now my 4th Nissan/Infiniti and and I have to say GREAT CARS and GREAT SERVICE.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes - Buy it

tallison24. Yes - you should buy the 13 PF. Here are my suggestion:
- Try to make sure the exact vehicle you are going to buy was manufactured as recent as possible or wait and order for a newer one
- Get the VIN and tell the dealer to check for any recall right away
- If you can then wait a little and get the 2014 model. SL in that was has better features like Bose speakers

I studied a lot and found that this PF has a lot more for the money. I wish it had dual exhaust. :cool:

Good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I studied a lot and found that this PF has a lot more for the money.
Agreed, you definitely get a lot of car for your money when you compare it to other brands.

I really wish the 2014 models came with HID's and a blind spot warning system though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate all of the comments, guys, thanks. I am going to buy it. I will discuss having the Torque converter installed as a prerequisite of buying, but don't they still require their service people verify the judder before replacing software or hardware?

Knox--what you consider is too old of a mfg date?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I appreciate all of the comments, guys, thanks. I am going to buy it. What you consider is too old of a mfg date?
In my opinion it makes no sense to purchase a 2013 model now unless you can get a ridiculously good deal on it.

Order a 2014 for peace of mind that all of the issues/recalls have been fixed, including the infamous judder issue, as well as much improved resale value should you ever decide to sell.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've seen similar but it's $6000 off including $2000 rebate. I lose $1000, I understand If I opt for 0.9 or 1.9% which I will utilize. Not quite happy with trade-in amount although it's not terrible.

Looking at 3 years down the road I usually see $2500 difference between model years. Has anyone reported 2014 discounts obtained?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The judder isn't as bad as it is for others. I do hope Nissan comes out with a permanent fix. There is apparently a new transmission that is being developed to fix it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The judder isn't as bad as it is for others. I do hope Nissan comes out with a permanent fix. There is apparently a new transmission that is being developed to fix it?
Do you mean the torque converter discussed on here, or something else?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts