Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan's Pathfinder has grown significantly since the 90s. In its current form a hulking beast. Is it time for Nissan to consider returning to earlier dimensions to suit todays shifting marketplace?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nissan's Pathfinder has grown significantly since the 90s. In its current form a hulking beast. Is it time for Nissan to consider returning to earlier dimensions to suit todays shifting marketplace?
What are you talking about "shifting marketplace"? You mean like 10 other car companies that make similar size or larger SUVs?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Im talking about consumer demands, they are shifting
yeah, they seem to be shifting towards the new Pathfinder. Look at the sales numbers for 2013 PF---huge seller! I think they hit the nail on the head with the size and styling!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Im talking about consumer demands, they are shifting
How do you figure that? SUVs have some of the steepest sales increases of almost all car types.
Please quit trolling and bring some real material to your argument. There will always be a need for a non-minivan vehicle for families and the ability to tow.

Here's mine
June 2013 SUV Sales: Ford Escape Still Leads, Outback Breaks Top 10 - Truck Trend

SUVs take a chunk of new vehicle sales - May. 16, 2012

SUV Sales Continue to Soar Despite High Gas Prices - US News and World Report

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you figure that? SUVs have some of the steepest sales increases of almost all car types.
Please quit trolling and bring some real material to your argument. There will always be a need for a non-minivan vehicle for families and the ability to tow.

Here's mine
June 2013 SUV Sales: Ford Escape Still Leads, Outback Breaks Top 10 - Truck Trend

SUVs take a chunk of new vehicle sales - May. 16, 2012

SUV Sales Continue to Soar Despite High Gas Prices - US News and World Report
Alright i'll play ball with you, those articles refer to SMALL SUV sales, singling out the Ford Escape, Toyota Rav 4 and Nissans own Rogue. Considerable size difference between the Rogue and Pathfinder wouldn't you say?

The vast majority of SUVs sold today are actually smaller, more diminutive versions of their ancestors, and have fuel economy that's as good or better than many passenger cars on the road. For instance, the Chevrolet Equinox gets better combined city and highway mileage than some models of the Honda Accord.
so ya, trollin ;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Alright i'll play ball with you, those articles refer to SMALL SUV sales, singling out the Ford Escape, Toyota Rav 4 and Nissans own Rogue. Considerable size difference between the Rogue and Pathfinder wouldn't you say?

so ya, trollin ;)
Under the first link, how exactly is the jeep gc and ford explorer considered small vehicles?

Second link states that 45% of sales are made from small SUVs while 55% are mid size and large suvs

·
Registered
8 Posts
The new model appears more like a crossover vehicle, with sweeping lines and a more tapered front end. Despite its extra inches, the new Pathfinder doesn't look bigger; in fact, you could be forgiven for thinking it is actually smaller.
It's more refined and modern, and I like the inconspicuous size of the car. Like the girl next door, it's naturally pretty without needing mounds of attention-grabbing makeup
So it is bigger, but it doesn't look bigger, therefore no one wins this argument.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The biggest growth, however, has been among small SUVs like the Ford Escape, Honda CR-V and the new Mazda CX-5
Overall marketshare for small SUVs has more than doubled over the past seven years, said Ford sales analyst Erich Merkle. Today, they represent 45% of all SUVs sold. One reason is just that there are so many more small SUVs to choose from.
It's also a matter of whats available, take ford for instance they produce 2 midsize SUVs (Edge, Explorer) and one small SUV (Escape), for small SUVs to own that much market share with those manufacturing proportions is a serious testament to the market shift, makers haven't caught up with demand. The auto industry isnt exactly a nimble environment..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought my Pathfinder because of its size, towing ability, good gas mileage and performance. If you need something smaller Nissan has that too. I have owned 2 Pathfinders, an Explorer and 3 Grand Cherokees. This is the best so far.

Harvey

·
Registered
70 Posts
A small Pathfinder is called a Murano.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts