Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone been able to re adjust them? i have done what the owner’s manual says and the memory button is disabled when the car is in reverse , i consider myself a bit above average intelligence and this has had me thinking for the past couple of days. This is what i done exactly a couple of day

Procedure for storing the outside
mirror positions for best visibility when
backing up
An outside mirror position for backing up can be
stored for each memory switch (1 and 2):
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Place the ignition in the ON position. (Do not
start the engine.)
3. Push the memory switch 1 or 2 fully for at
least one second to operate the automatic
drive positioner.
4. Turn the outside mirror control switch to L
(Left).
5. Depress the brake pedal.
6. Move the shift selector to R (Reverse).
7. Adjust the mirror to the desired viewing position
for backing up by operating the outside
mirror control switch.
8. Push the SET switch and, within five seconds,
push the memory switch 1 or 2 selected
in step 3.
● The indicator light for the pushed memory
switch will come on and stay on for approximately
five seconds after pushing the
switch. After the indicator light goes off, the
selected mirror position is stored in the selected
memory (1 or 2).
9. Turn the outside mirror control switch to R
(Right). Repeat the above procedure to adjust
the right mirror position and store in the
selected memory.
● When the driver’s seat and outside mirrors
are not in the memorized position, the outside
mirror will move with the initial tilt-down
angle.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've tried to set this so many times without success. So I gave up on it, since both mirrors already tilt down to my liking.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried to set this so many times without success. So I gave up on it, since both mirrors already tilt down to my liking.

Man i want to figure it out

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Kind of confused what you are trying to figure out. are you trying to only get one of the mirrors to tilt down?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kind of confused what you are trying to figure out. are you trying to only get one of the mirrors to tilt down?
i just want to adjust them to were i want

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I never even knew you could do that. Interesting..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have done it and it works great !

1- Start the engine and stay on park
2- Set-up your seat and your mirrors the way you want
3- Push the SET switch and, within five seconds,
push the memory switch 1 or 2
4- If you have a intelligent key, also press and hold,within five seconds, the unlock buton (on the remote) to store the settings in it (the memory light will blink for 5 seconds)

Also
for the "tilt down mirrors in reverse" to work, the miror selector switch need to be on L or R. They will not move if the switch is in the middle (lock position).
http://www.google.ca/search?biw=192...a=X&ei=jpbsUejsBLj-4AOe14G4DQ&ved=0CCoQvwUoAA

·
Registered
194 Posts
Also for the "tilt down mirrors in reverse" to work, the miror selector switch need to be on L or R. They will not move if the switch is in the middle (lock position).
I think the OP knows how to make the tilt in reverse to work, what he is trying to do, along with a few others, is adjust the angle at which the mirrors tilt in reverse and then save them to the memory settings. The instructions the OP posted are direct from the owner's manual, but they don't seem to work. I haven't found a way to save my tilt down angle in the memory system either. I'd like them to tilt down a little more and in towards the car some.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the OP knows how to make the tilt in reverse to work, what he is trying to do, along with a few others, is adjust the angle at which the mirrors tilt in reverse and then save them to the memory settings. The instructions the OP posted are direct from the owner's manual, but they don't seem to work. I haven't found a way to save my tilt down angle in the memory system either. I'd like them to tilt down a little more and in towards the car some.
Exactly!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone figured this out? I did what the manual says over and over with no success. Very annoying since I really don't think the mirrors tilt down enough by default! Frankly, I think the auto industry should have height defaults for each setting/key whereby the salesperson enters the height of each driver and new defaults are set. You should still be able to change it of course, but why have just one default with so much intelligence built in? Maybe they could even ask your height via the vehicle interface and let the drivers start with associated defaults (i.e. no salesperson involvement). Sorry to digress...just hoping to hear someone has figured this out. I would be HAPPY to spend whatever time it takes to make it work, but I would hate to determine there is NO solution and I wasted my time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Side mirrow reverse settings

I bought a 2013 3 weeks ago and have been having same problem as everyone else. Took it to dealer today. Manager tried no luck, mechanic tried. Well now the right mirror that was good is to low and the right mirror is to low. So he got it to work on the right, but has no idea what he did to do it as he was playing with a lot of buttons.

So it can be done, Nissan dealer just has to figure it out and repeat the steps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is one of my least favorite 'conveniences' on my PF. When I put it in reverse both mirrors point straight down at the ground rendering them pretty much useless. Odd thing about it is it doesn't happen every time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
This is one of my least favorite 'conveniences' on my PF. When I put it in reverse both mirrors point straight down at the ground rendering them pretty much useless. Odd thing about it is it doesn't happen every time.
Check your left/right selector switch. If it is on either the left or right side your mirrors will tilt in reverse. When it is in the neutral position the mirrors won't move.

Reactions: dcdemke

·
Registered
1 Posts
The side view mirrors Tilt down in reverse is retarded

What moron thought this one up ?
Now it's going to take a PHD just to have a 5% chance of over coming this idiot feature .
I'll probably wind up back at the dealer's service dept . for this .

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,009 Posts
Dave

If you don't want them to tilt when you put the vehicle in reverse all you need to do is leave the Right/Left mirror selector in the middle. No PHD needed.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,766 Posts
The feature is useful if you're a city dweller and frequently parallel park to keep your rims from getting scraped up against the curb. It also helps you park between the lines when you back into a parking space in a lot.

Thank you for reviving a two-and-a-half-year-old thread. :dry:

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's a great feature but lacks adjustability. I'm 6'3" and find when back up my wife's PF is that the mirrors angle down to much to be of any use for me. I have asked about this before and was told you can't store a position. BUT what I have found is that if your in reverse and the mirrors angle down you can use the arrows to adjust it to where ever you want them and when you go back to Park or Drive they go back to originally set position but if you go to reverse again it goes back to the factory set pointing down position. So basically if the factory isn't where you need the mirrors you can adjust them but you must adjust them EVER TIME you put it in reverse.

Wayne

1 - 17 of 17 Posts