Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've replaced my Lows, Highs and Fogs with LED bulbs. I leave the fogs on so they are on when the lows are on. I have yet to be flashed by an oncoming car. The LED low beam has the same cutoff as the Halogen. I'm very happy with my results.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lol, Pathfinder housings are not regular reflector housings. They are PROJECTOR housings, so while yes, anything is possible depending on the ride height of the oncoming car, but these housing will, in fact NOT spread an LED or HID (The SL's come stock with HIDs?) beam all over the place.
It all depends on the year, I believe 2017 and newer have projector housing, us older versions have halogen housing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It all depends on the year, I believe 2017 and newer have projector housing, us older versions have halogen housing.
OH! ok i did not know that. I have 19' which does have the projector housings, but a crap Halogen bulb i replaced and i have a VERY distinct cut off beam pattern like i did on my 17' Mustang with Projectors and HIDs.

·
Registered
181 Posts
lol, Pathfinder housings are not regular reflector housings. They are PROJECTOR housings, so while yes, anything is possible depending on the ride height of the oncoming car, but these housing will, in fact NOT spread an LED or HID (The SL's come stock with HIDs?) beam all over the place.
Projector or reflector, that matters how? The whole assembly was designed to reflect the pattern of an incandescent lamp. Not an LED. Like you say, sure LEDs will work in them, but not as effectively as a whole headlamp assembly that was designed around the way an LED casts it's light.

I for one am so frikkin tired of getting blinded by ghetto'd out LED "retrofits" blasting light everywhere but where they should. #OldGrumpyGuyOut. LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It makes a substantial difference, in light projection and cut off. Projector headlights are a completely different animal than a standard refector headlight.

I've attached a small article which sort of explains the difference in lens and why people are blinded when they install bright bulbs, due to reflectors lack of "focus" where projectors have special lenses that focus the beam which limit blinding while increasing quality of light.

With this being said I was unaware older models of my body style did not have projectors, so when you out these leds in them you will have a greater chance of blinding people.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2017 pathfinder Sl bought new , and cane with projector and halogen bulbs , I can tell that I tried numerous led amazon bulbs and I can tell that none of the led bulbs worked on low beams , so I went with Hid Kit 55 from GTR Lighting with 6000 K , man I can tell that the difference is 200% better than halogens , they’re Litle bit spendy but I’ll tell u beam pattern is better than halogen , they come with lifetime warranty , I love them since over a year no issue , high beams I have led supernova V4 amazing beam pattern on high beam , and they match exactly same with lows and daytime running lights , fog lights are Hikari 6500k nice light output they all match , love them works amazing , now I seen that Gtr lightnin came with new Led bulbs which I seen YouTube reviewed them , tested on projectsr housing and they work and beam pattern same as Hids they will come for sale December 5 so I’m going to get a pair and give it a try on low beams

21 - 27 of 27 Posts