Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded my 19's SV's headlights to these Amazon LED's and while i like them, to me they don't have enough output. I'm moving them down to the fog lights and i'm going to order another set for the LB's.

i'm looking at these12k Lumes LED simply for the fact that as advertised they are sitting at 12k lumes which is quite a bit more than the other ones i bought. Although i'm probably not going to go with those exact ones as i'm looking to stay in the 5500 to 6k color range, i'm not a fan of blue.

what in all are you guys running? color/lumes wise?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
won't everyone else be blind if you put LEDs into non-LED housing?

I don't think so, the pathfinders (at least my SV) comes with projector headlights. The bulbs they put in them, are just Halogen. that makes a huge difference in the "Not blinding oncoming traffic dept". but yes, for the most part putting brights blubs in non projector cars is a horrible idea.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've upgraded lows, highs and fogs. The projector housing for the OEM Halogens have the same cut-off with the LED bulb. I believe they are trying to duplicate the halogen bulb light source in the LED bulb. I like my results and I have not been flashed in 12 months.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've upgraded lows, highs and fogs. The projector housing for the OEM Halogens have the same cut-off with the LED bulb. I believe they are trying to duplicate the halogen bulb light source in the LED bulb. I like my results and I have not been flashed in 12 months.
I have a 2017 SL so it should have the same housings as the platinum I think

i saw in another post you bought the H11 from Auxbeam, but when I check their website, they don't even list high/low beams for the Pathfinder... only misc and fog lights

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a 2017 SL so it should have the same housings as the platinum I think

i saw in another post you bought the H11 from Auxbeam, but when I check their website, they don't even list high/low beams for the Pathfinder... only misc and fog lights
I think the '17 Platinum has LED lows and it's a different housing but the S, SV and SL are halogens. I could be wrong. I did buy H11s for all 3 and they all fit and work great.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think i'm going to find some H11's and just get high lum numbers for the lows and see what happens

·
Registered
163 Posts
I actually just purchased a nice set of LED for my fogs to replace my HID's, they put out much more light than my HID's and clarity is just right.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I actually just purchased a nice set of LED for my fogs to replace my HID's, they put out much more light than my HID's and clarity is just right.
You replace HIDs with LEDs or Halogens with LEDs? HIDs are usually brighter than LEDs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You replace HIDs with LEDs or Halogens with LEDs? HIDs are usually brighter than LEDs.
In my case I replaced just the fog light HID's. The LEDs give a more yellow look than with HID's and I had a bad ballast I had to replace, so I took the plunge on just replacing the entire system since it would be cheaper and less of a hassle for me.

But I do know that HID's are brighter, which is why my headlights are still 5000k HID. 😁

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2018 SL and installed 5k HIDs. In my opinion, the halogen projectors are junk. The light beam is narrow and the cutoff is hazzy. Not sure if it's the HID kit or what, but the out put is dim. Halogen projectors in general aren't that great.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a 2018 SL and installed 5k HIDs. In my opinion, the halogen projectors are junk. The light beam is narrow and the cutoff is hazzy. Not sure if it's the HID kit or what, but the out put is dim. Halogen projectors in general aren't that great.
How many watts is your HID kit? Because I have a 70 watt kit on my PF and output is pretty bright, so much that I rarely use my high beams on dark roads.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2018 sv with halogen lights and led running Light “strips”. Does anyone have any bulb recommendations to have the Lb and fogs match the same color as the strips? The halogen led combo looks like crap! Lol. Also if you have swapped out Hb what bulbs did you use? I would like to switch them all out but just want things to match haha.

thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a 2018 sv with halogen lights and led running Light “strips”. Does anyone have any bulb recommendations to have the Lb and fogs match the same color as the strips? The halogen led combo looks like crap! Lol. Also if you have swapped out Hb what bulbs did you use? I would like to switch them all out but just want things to match haha.

thanks
Those LED strips normally run between 5k and 6k color temperatures. You should be good with either one to match. Anything more than that will be too blue.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yep, they will.

Nothing against the OP because I'm all about DIY mods and I appreciate the info, but putting LED lamps in a headlamp housing designed around incandescent lamps is ALWAYS going to be a mixed bag of on-coming driver blinding. The reflectors inside these housings were not designed for the way LEDs 'scatter' (or lack thereof) light.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, they will.

Nothing against the OP because I'm all about DIY mods and I appreciate the info, but putting LED lamps in a headlamp housing designed around incandescent lamps is ALWAYS going to be a mixed bag of on-coming driver blinding. The reflectors inside these housings were not designed for the way LEDs 'scatter' (or lack thereof) light.

lol, Pathfinder housings are not regular reflector housings. They are PROJECTOR housings, so while yes, anything is possible depending on the ride height of the oncoming car, but these housing will, in fact NOT spread an LED or HID (The SL's come stock with HIDs?) beam all over the place.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts