Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
You by chance have a list of what bulb sizes are needed and how many?
Sure,
6x T10 LED BULBS, MAP LAMPS/PUDDLE
1x FESTOON LED BULB, REAR TAIL GATE LAMP
1x FESTOON LED BULB, 3rd ROW/CARGO LAMP
Going from memory but I think 28mm Festoon bulbs should work for both, but you will need to spread the terminals a few mm for the 3rd row bulb to fit. If you are uncomfortable with that, best to get a 25mm LED for that one. I've not been able to find one but maybe you have better luck. Whichever brand(s) of bulbs you choose to buy, just make sure they are 'error-free' or 'CANBUS ready/compatible'. Some of the newer bulbs are also 'non polarity' which means you don't have to line up positive/negative terminals correctly. If you are using LED's with polarity, they are pretty forgiving too, if they don't light up when you install them, just remove, turn 180degrees and re-insert, should light then. Also, pls note, the above list does not include replacement for the vanity mirror lights. I did not replace them coz I seldom or never used them. Other than that, be sure to buy good quality bulbs. Check reviews and warranty details. Good luck.

· Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
37 Posts
Sure,
6x T10 LED BULBS, MAP LAMPS/PUDDLE
1x FESTOON LED BULB, REAR TAIL GATE LAMP
1x FESTOON LED BULB, 3rd ROW/CARGO LAMP
Going from memory but I think 28mm Festoon bulbs should work for both, but you will need to spread the terminals a few mm for the 3rd row bulb to fit. If you are uncomfortable with that, best to get a 25mm LED for that one. I've not been able to find one but maybe you have better luck. Whichever brand(s) of bulbs you choose to buy, just make sure they are 'error-free' or 'CANBUS ready/compatible'. Some of the newer bulbs are also 'non polarity' which means you don't have to line up positive/negative terminals correctly. If you are using LED's with polarity, they are pretty forgiving too, if they don't light up when you install them, just remove, turn 180degrees and re-insert, should light then. Also, pls note, the above list does not include replacement for the vanity mirror lights. I did not replace them coz I seldom or never used them. Other than that, be sure to buy good quality bulbs. Check reviews and warranty details. Good luck.
Awesome. Thanks a heap!

*Edit. I can see that sourcing all of these is going to be somewhat of a PIA. Anyone want to be a guinea pig and take a gamble on of the $15 full interior kits on ebay LOL?

· Registered
84 Posts
Awesome. Thanks a heap!

*Edit. I can see that sourcing all of these is going to be somewhat of a PIA. Anyone want to be a guinea pig and take a gamble on of the $15 full interior kits on ebay LOL?
That's almost free lol. Don't fall for it. If I recall, all the bulbs I used cost me around $30. but this was 2yrs ago and was enough to do my Chevy Traverse then and the Pathfinder now.

· Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
37 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Sorry in advance if there is an official thread on this topic. Below is the list on my '22 Platinum. Please share your gripes. Perhaps we can help each other out by providing solutions.

-driver's side mirror: noticeably vibrates too much when driving on the highway. I'm sure a visit to the dealership may resolve the issue. I'll bring it up during my first oil change.

-driver's side window: noticeably rolls up slower than any other windows. Once again, next visit to the dealership should resolve this since something similar happened to my '19 Pathfinder where they sprayed something on the window.

-panoramic sunroof: tilt up feature is a joke, at least with mine. You can barely see the opening. Also, I don't like that I have to press the liner opening button twice to open it all the way to the end of the 2nd row.

-I have the AWD version and do miss the option of having it in 2WD version to save some $ on gas. I had this feature in my '19 SL Premium.

-HUD: I guess I still drive mostly with my left hand while leaning a bit towards the center of the car... So the right side of the HUD gets cut off. It's nice that the option allows me to adjust up/down, but not left/right.

-Auto start/stop feature: not a fan. I even disabled it in the menu, but not sure as to why it still acts up at times. I still haven't figured out the reason but maybe someone can chime in. I also saw a message when I had the AC on that it may be off, or something like that. My friend who also recently purchased a new SL said the same thing.

-seat belt warning: OMG. Very annoying. I know I know... it's for safety reasons... but to keep beeping for 2 minutes straight before turning it self off it a bit too much. Miss my '19 where it didn't make any noise at all. At least it doesn't sound as annoying/loud as the recent gen Murano.

-LED interior/back up lights: Really? So Nissan put in LED license plate lights, but couldn't do the rest? I know the interior lights are an optional accessory, but $150 is not worth it. I'll just do it myself by getting some cheap LED bulbs from amazon/ebay, just like I did with most of my cars in the past.

-ECO mode: going back to me trying to save some $ on gas.... I have to turn it to the ECO mode overtime I start the car. Wish it would remember the last mode and leave it there.

-A/C seats: it's a joke, just like my '16 Maxima that I had. I see that for the rear passengers, they left two empty spots so that it'll have that feature potentially available in the future. Don't waste your money unless other features that come with the package is a must have.

-Rear sun shade: they should have put in a plastic liner on the SIDE as well since I can already see a small stretch due to my 3 year old pulling it from the side.

-windshield wiper control: sort of hard to explain but I'll try. I'm just comparing to every car that I've owned in the past and this one is different. So when you click it down once, you have the option to leave the keys option in 'one rain drop' image, all the way to the 'multiple drops'. However, I'm not noticing consistent difference, regardless of the amount of rain and/or my mph. So I'm left with usually using the second click down where it doesn't rest in between each wipe. So

That's all that I can think of for now, but I know that I'll be adding more (only had it for about 4 weeks now). Please understand that my list of things I love about the new Pathfinder far exceeds the list above, but would like to see some options (if applicable) if anyone have any solutions.

Please feel free to add/comment to this post. I look forward in seeing your response.
2019 pf - Rear bumber that is squared off (easily scratched), dumb placement of seat heater switches in the front (hit them any time trying to put something in the little tray at the dash...they could have at least fibers them so not able to accidently hit) .

· Registered
162 Posts
one of my dislikes is that the Sirius XM display on the digital dash doesn't display the song title or artist name. it tells me the preset number, station name, and then below it has the huge logo of the station. instead of having the station name twice, why not have the song title, artist or both?
does the song info display if you hit the audio/radio button?

· Registered
49 Posts
I have 3,000 miles and apparently the dash has to be removed to fix a broken HVAC already and I live an hour from the dealer. Not happy at all. This is strike #1 and when I get to 3 Nissan will be banned. I already have several more problems related to stuff like auto steering driving the car against the right hand line, dangerously. That will have to be looked at as the steering system is useless, making the smart driving features basically useless.

I feel sorry for people buying the fancy new electric car Nissan has been talking about for 10 years. It is not smart at all if it’s anything like my pathfinder. Those systems are terrible.

I also don’t like the engine off feature. It lunges when it restarts and some people will end up in the back of cars in front of them over it.

I just wish I could tear out all the stupid broken “automatic everything “ junk and the car would be fine. As it is, this is a bunch of defective, half-baked ridiculousness. 3,000 miles and I’m about 50% done already.

· Registered
56 Posts
I have 3,000 miles and apparently the dash has to be removed to fix a broken HVAC already and I live an hour from the dealer. Not happy at all. This is strike #1 and when I get to 3 Nissan will be banned. I already have several more problems related to stuff like auto steering driving the car against the right hand line, dangerously. That will have to be looked at as the steering system is useless, making the smart driving features basically useless.

I feel sorry for people buying the fancy new electric car Nissan has been talking about for 10 years. It is not smart at all if it’s anything like my pathfinder. Those systems are terrible.

I also don’t like the engine off feature. It lunges when it restarts and some people will end up in the back of cars in front of them over it.

I just wish I could tear out all the stupid broken “automatic everything “ junk and the car would be fine. As it is, this is a bunch of defective, half-baked ridiculousness. 3,000 miles and I’m about 50% done already.
you can permanently shutoff all the auto steering and braking if you want. The auto start/stop needs to be turned off every time the car is restarted

21 - 29 of 29 Posts