Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot have the tailgate loudly beeping every time I open and close it.

Does anyone know how to disable it? Google doesn't come up with anyone, the dealer wasn't helpful, nothing
in the manual.

It's going to get my tires slashed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fish at night often.... Last thing I want to do is disrespect the home owners by disturbing them in the dead of night with a loud beep beep beep.

And the home owners aren't the ones that will slash my tires... It's when they call the borough and complain... Then the local municipality shuts down the access.... Then the fishermen will slash my tires.... Which would be well deserved.. Lol

As it stands there is no way to open the tailgate without the beep beep beep.

Note...

I design fishing tackle for a living... So it's not a leisure activity for me... Hence why it's important.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,516 Posts
I hear you, I go through this same train of thought when I am camping. I don't cook inside the trailer and use an outdoor kitchen so always keep most food items in the trunk. I park the Pathfinder backwards very close the the trailer so we open/close the hatch 20-30 times a day.
You could check if the chime thingy can be disconnected, you need to remove the rear bumper cover to get there.

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

·
Registered
693 Posts
I don't know of a way to disable it and it might cause problems if you unplug something. Can you put the back seat down and load it through the other way or load it at a different. Sounds like a ridiculous neighborhood setup.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
4 Posts
When transporting lumber or other items we sometimes need to leave the liftgate open. The liftgate alarm continues to sound while driving and this is very annoying. Nissan should give us the option to disable the alarm and wouldn't it be nice if there was something on the liftgate to attach a tie-down strap to hold it down while transporting items that extend out beyond the the liftgate.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
300 Posts
Alternatively, you may want to consult with the dealer if it makes sense to disconnect the system chime speaker until the liftgate issue can be resolved. It's in the dash, right above the center channel speaker grill (if so equipped). Very easy to disconnect, but I'd consult with them as you're disabling all chimes including those from other safety systems. Essentially at your own risk if the chimes are excessive and you can do without other notifications.

The following post has a picture of it...

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
300 Posts
I hear you, I go through this same train of thought when I am camping. I don't cook inside the trailer and use an outdoor kitchen so always keep most food items in the trunk. I park the Pathfinder backwards very close the the trailer so we open/close the hatch 20-30 times a day.
You could check if the chime thingy can be disconnected, you need to remove the rear bumper cover to get there.

View attachment 16881
According to the service manual for the R53, it's essentially located in the same spot...

Font Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive tire Watercraft

The B402 Connector:

Rectangle Font Line Material property Parallel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts