Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone has installed or purchased the sunroof deflectors. I haven't seen any manufacutre incluing Nissan offers anything yet.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've never liked how sunroof visors looked.

I don't get what they are for to be honest.

Window visors are the most visors I'll get.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I always loved sunroof deflectors. On cars they look horrible, but they aren't as noticeable on SUV's.

It does help if you want to have the sunroof open but don't want the breeze coming in to be too harsh, this does depend on how far back you open the sunroof.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Doesn't this work just like the window visors? You could just get those no?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
if you really want one you might be able to find another one that fits that is meant for another car. Don't they usually just stick on via double sided adhesive?

·
Registered
9 Posts
AVS (Auto Ventshade) carries the universal stick on ones that will work. Get the one for 38.5" or larger sunroofs, part #77004.

I have one on mine. It isn't the prettiest looking thing but it's ok for the Pathfinder and works. There is minimal wind buffering with the sunroof open and going down the highway with it attached.

I wonder if the previous model Pathfinder sun deflectors will work.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Sunroof wind deflector

I purchased mine through AutoAnything.com. I had several choices and I got the one manufactured by Weathertech. It went on fairly easy with the help of a friend. It uses 2 clips for a tight seal. I paid about $80 all in. I'm very pleased with this product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really would like not to get a sunroof deflector, but my '13 premium platinum has the noisiest sunroof of any car I have ever owned.

It is impossible to hear the radio or communicate with a front seat passenger at any reasonable speed.

If you've installed a particular brand, would you please advise? I'll have to install if I am to open the sunroof at all.

Thank you.
-David

·
Registered
212 Posts
My 2013 Pathfinder Platinum did not come with a sunroof so I had one installed. I don't have a wind deflector yet for my Pathfinder, but will get one when one is manufactured specifically for this SUV.
Wouldn't want a car without a sunroof. Every car I've had since 1985 has had a sunroof...closest thing to a convertible. I've also made sure each "sunroofed" car had a deflector. More for the noise factor. I also have a convertible so the minor wind blowing in from a sunroof, doesn't bother me....I find it refreshing. In my part of the country...beautiful Cape Cod...my sunroof is opened almost daily (either tilted or slid open) except for the winter months.

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the Sunroof installed in my SL as it didn't come with one. Love the look can't believe it just didn't come with one. In your installed one do you notice when you take off at the beginning a loud noise that actaully kills your ears before you get going....I notice this sound in my wifes car when the kids have the back windows open

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
I had the Sunroof installed in my SL as it didn't come with one. Love the look can't believe it just didn't come with one. In your installed one do you notice when you take off at the beginning a loud noise that actaully kills your ears before you get going....I notice this sound in my wifes car when the kids have the back windows open
Hi! I'm a little confused about your post.

Are you saying that you had a sunroof, or a sunroof deflector (or both) installed on your SL? If you have the deflector, I'd love to see some pictures. One of my earlier rides had a sunroof deflector. I can say that it looked very cool, but I'm not sure how functional it was in deflecting wind or minimizing noise. I think it actually increased it, reflecting back.

I experience that noise you describe that hurts your ears in my Bimmer with the sunroof open without any other windows cracked. I generally put down one of the other windows about half an inch to eliminate it. It's caused by the vacumn that the sunroof creates with no other source to draw air into the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a sunroom installed...I don't have the sunroof deflector as not sure I like the look. Don't think that would help the vacuum sound you are saying it is. I did put down my window a little and that does help the sound now.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
I had a sunroom installed...

Now I'm TOTALLY confused, lol!

(Don't worry, I know what you meant. Just couldn't resist. :laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts