Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of my cars were egged over night and in examining my PF's paint job (to check for damage from the eggs), I really noticed how many rock chips and general dings and scratches my car has accumulated. I need to touch them up but don't know which touch up pen/system to go with. Does anyone have suggestions for what they've used and worked well or conversely what is a waste of money?

I think I avoided any major damage to my paint from the eggs (knock on wood) so I'm more concerned w/just touching up the other issues; I did notice an odd circular pattern of dings roughly where one of the eggs spattered but am not sure if thats from the eggs or what. Luckily I had to go out into my carport to grab a screw driver early this morning and saw the egg shells on the ground so I got on washing them both (my work truck is a Frontier and got it worse than my PF) from end to end as soon as the cops were done taking the pix. The yolk was still wet for the most part but I shudder to think how it would've played out if I didn't need to get that screw driver and the sun baked it on for a few more hrs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi:
I tried a system that matched my paint. I found it on the internet. It was okay for swirls and very light scratches. I had a lot of road rash and it looked decent from a distance but eventually washed off. On my new Pathy I wrapped the front. I asked some friends and there has been no wonderful reports with any paint system. Mostly works better if your chips are small in number and minor.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
683 Posts
I've ordered some genuine Nissan paint touch-up pens off eBay for cheap. Just find your paint code, which I believe is on the drive's door jamb label. My success rate at a flawless looking touch up is zero, but at least the spot is covered IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts