Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO, anyone aware yet of a way to defeat the A.S.S. system pernamenetly yet reversibly? Any aftermarket or tricks? I am glad it is not too invasive and rarely comes on with A/C blasting, but it 100% is the first car I've been in where the vehicle lurches forward when it restarts if I don't have a firm foot on the brake. So its time for it to go. Thoughts?

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,336 Posts
This member claims he found a way:

@gary penwright , maybe you can explain how this is done.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
93 Posts
+1 - Also interested in this option.
I am interested, too. My dealer claims there is NO way to permanently disable the auto start/stop feature.
At least I can disable it with each trip.
I am working on my muscle memory; start car, release emergency brake, disable auto start/stop. Then drive!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am interested, too. My dealer claims there is NO way to permanently disable the auto start/stop feature.
At least I can disable it with each trip.
I am working on my muscle memory; start car, release emergency brake, disable auto start/stop. Then drive!
We were able to get the auto parking brake to stop. Dunno how for sure. Try holding the button town for a few seconds. It seems to be Nissans way to change everything... No it didn't work for auto start/stop. For this I think if enough of us complain they might send a ota update. Wishful thinking.

·
Registered
517 Posts
There isn't a way to do it that a dealer is going to do for you. Your car would just end up being an experiment to see if all of the other functions would still work if you pulled a wire from something or removed a certain component, then it just goes down hill from there. Whatever you end up doing, I'd put it back the way it was if you run into any issues with the truck before bringing it in for service. A lot of systems communicate on the vehicle and it's hard to say how pulling something out of that chain impacts others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This member claims he found a way:

@gary penwright , maybe you can explain how this is done.
there is a plug on battery disconect it. you will find it on utube

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,336 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts