Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
More update. As I may have mentioned, I replaced the 4 door speakers with Powerbass 2 ohm speakers. Then when I discovered I also had dash speakers, I realized they were just too loud. I added a 2 ohm 25W resistor in line with the OEM Dash speakers, also corrected the polarity on them. They were both reversed for whatever reason. They are toned down now about the right amount and the corrected polarity totally fixed the stereo imaging. It's all decent now, but as you know the OEM 2017 S Head unit doesn't send out a well eq'd signal, but it's tolerable now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ours is a 2017 S 4wd. I think the radio changed from 16 to 17. Our 17 has the full touch screen display but no GPS and other abilities. I think the 2016 had the red LED type of display, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ours is a 2017 S 4wd. I think the radio changed from 16 to 17. Our 17 has the full touch screen display but no GPS and other abilities. I think the 2016 had the red LED type of display, but I'm not sure.
The Hi-Lo plug is still compatible. You aren't going to connect it to your touch screen, it goes connected to the radio module below the screen which is identical for all R52 pathfinders. I looked up both newer generation PF radios (with touch screen) and earlier generation PF and the only difference is the newer generations now have an exhaust port on there radios, that's all, so you should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,664 Posts
What's an exhaust port?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts