Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 week old 2013 Pathfinder SL.. I noticed this a couple of weeks back, but was hoping it would settle in better after 1200 miles. But currently, when you start the Pathfinder the start had to run for a good 2-5 seconds before the engine kicks on. Normally, the engine kicks on within 2 seconds of pressing the button(I had a 2007 Nissan Altima, and never had this issue). I have attached a zip file that is recording of me starting the car, just remove the '.zip' at the end of the file to listen.. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 5 week old 2013 Pathfinder SL.. I noticed this a couple of weeks back, but was hoping it would settle in better after 1200 miles. But currently, when you start the Pathfinder the start had to run for a good 2-5 seconds before the engine kicks on. Normally, the engine kicks on within 2 seconds of pressing the button(I had a 2007 Nissan Altima, and never had this issue). I have attached a zip file that is recording of me starting the car, just remove the '.zip' at the end of the file to listen.. Anyone have any ideas?
Seen same problem in the Altimas. The fix was to reprogram the ECM. But haven't seen this problem with the PF yet.... Sorry not anymore helpful but is exact same issue to a T!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seen same problem in the Altimas. The fix was to reprogram the ECM. But haven't seen this problem with the PF yet.... Sorry not anymore helpful but is exact same issue to a T!
Thanks Jason,

I will definately take it over to the dealership on Friday.. I guess I got luck with my Altima then..

Bobby

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuel Pump

Just got my pathfinder back from the dealer after 4 days.. they stated it was the fuel pump loosing pressure which caused the stall... i hope this was just a freak, out of the blue, issue.. cuz we are really enjoying our pathfinder.. Thanks for information !

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just got my pathfinder back from the dealer after 4 days.. they stated it was the fuel pump loosing pressure which caused the stall... i hope this was just a freak, out of the blue, issue.. cuz we are really enjoying our pathfinder.. Thanks for information !

Very odd... But ANY new part can fail... First 2013 PF fuel pump issue I've heard of... But glad the issue is resolved...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Every part can have its failures. At least the problem was located and being fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts