Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone experience a persistent squeak coming from second row seats (at speeds higher than 30 mph)? I took it in to the dealer, they ackonwledge the issue and fixed it... Problem is the fix lasted 2 days.... Annoying squeak is back again....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Did anyone experience a persistent squeak coming from second row seats (at speeds higher than 30 mph)? I took it in to the dealer, they ackonwledge the issue and fixed it... Problem is the fix lasted 2 days.... Annoying squeak is back again....
No squeak here.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The problem has been reported before for the Infiniti JX. Just head back to the dealer and tell them. I don't remember what it was. I remember reading something about removing the seat and tightening something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer has removed left 2nd row seat and changed plastic molding. Worked for about 2 days...

I went back today - next appointment for this issue is on Apr 18... I told them about this issue being a known one on the JX and they asked how this was solved...

I found the thread on the JX forum about this issue - doesn't seem resolved yet. The guy even posted a youtube link on which you can actually hear the exact same squeak i'm experimenting... Here's the link to the thread

Top dash rattle and second row seat metal squeaks...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think mine might make the same squeak but its not always there. When it does happen, I've blamed my son's booster seat as the probable cause. Next time I hear it, I'll remove the booster seat to see if it still continues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you jjv for replying.

Squeaks seem to have gone away by themselves as of the last few days... Perhaps with the warmer weather coming along (I'm in Montreal).

I still need to "play" a bit with the seats ( fold them, move them back and forth) before I'm convinced it's gone...!

Anyways, thanks for looking into this.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Im surprised it's taking them this long to find the source and fix it. I've been on forums with guys that own 15-20 year old cars, squeaking noises appear and within days someone has a solution.

On the good side of things, the last poster on the JX Forum thread reports there is a fix according the dealer, hopefully we'll hear what it is soon.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I "may" have found the source on mine. On the right second row seat, the strut that is under the seat, the ball connection on the seat frame is loose and it will shift back and forth at the mounting point; the other side is nice and tight. I've manipulated it a bit and it helps, but need to really get in there to properly tighten it - if possible.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I "may" have found the source on mine. On the right second row seat, the strut that is under the seat, the ball connection on the seat frame is loose and it will shift back and forth at the mounting point; the other side is nice and tight. I've manipulated it a bit and it helps, but need to really get in there to properly tighten it - if possible.
That sure sounds like something that would be the cause to this problem. When do you think you'll be able to fix it and tell how how it goes?

Some pictures of this fix would help, visuals always help :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got a needle nose on the ball end, trying to tighten it, and it just spins. I'll have Nissan take a look. If others are having a similar problem, it would be good to take a look at yours and see if one of the two are loose as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got a needle nose on the ball end, trying to tighten it, and it just spins. I'll have Nissan take a look. If others are having a similar problem, it would be good to take a look at yours and see if one of the two are loose as well.
Thanks for the lead. Would be very nice though if you could post a pic showing exactly which part you're talking about... appreciate the trouble.

FYI, I went to the dealer today (again...) to have them look at this for a third time... (and a few other issues). Still nothing... Although the squeak comes an goes these days, so I can understand the challenge of fixing an intermittant problem.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have been experiencing the same noise for awhile. I constantly hear a creaking noise from behind just at the start of accelerating. Then I constantly hear rattling underneath the seats. I checked and always suspect that the cables underneath are probably rattling, but can never confirm. I have appointment with dealer for the brake recall, so I will mention it to them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's exactly as you say hcmah - also creaks when breaking in my case... Twice the dealer has put a lot of lube, everywhere underneath, to the point that I found last week when I folded the seat that it was still soaking wet with lube under there... Hasn't changed much in my case, except perhaps mute the noise a little... it is subtler now, but still present, which tells me the problem is not fixed at all...

I noted that thoise goes away completely when I fold the seat foward... To me, it's clearly originating from the base supports...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Here's a shot. This is my right (passenger side), second row seat. It's the post that is loose and moving around.

Also, it seems the problem subsides just after returning the seat bottom to the down position. I'm guessing that is due to the hydraulic tension from the strut. As it relaxes the tension, the noise returns. As such, the dealer would need to keep this in mind when diagnosing. I may have the service dept look at it in a few weeks, but too busy right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Many thanks for the pic. I'll toy around with it on mine to see if I can improve the situation in any way or confirm the origin of the squeak!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Found the source of the squeak on mine... turns out it's the inside rail of the rear passenger seat (see pic attached). When I either squeeze both sides of the plastic cap of the rail or apply pressure on it, the squeaking just stops.

Taking it in tomorrow to get it fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Found the source of the squeak on mine... turns out it's the inside rail of the rear passenger seat (see pic attached). When I either squeeze both sides of the plastic cap of the rail or apply pressure on it, the squeaking just stops.

Taking it in tomorrow to get it fixed.

Sorry.. I mean it's the inside rail of the 2nd row driver side seat (left).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts