Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Good question, these are needed. I just hate how easy it is for mud to spray up on the body of the car, even going through them slowly.

Has it been annoying to clean your pathfinder as yet?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only ran it through once so far. Rained the next day. Kind of wish it was silver opposed instead of Slate. Silver hides dirt and spots much better. Slate and black look nice when clean though. Picked up the weathertechs today. Think the splashguards will be next.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Has anyone ordered and installed the splashguards? If so, how exactly are they installed?
I did. I ordered them from my dealer, then used the instructions available at: Nissan Publications

You'll need to grab the instructions for the front and the instructions for the rear.

Super easy to install. The instructions are very clear. Front is just remove existing screws, hold up the guard, use provided screws to replace the existing. Total time: 10 minutes.

Back requires you to drill a pilot hole inside the wheel well. Don't panic! I know, the thought of drilling into your new pathfinder freaks you out but it's a simple small pilot hole and the metal is super thin where you are drilling. There is a dimple in the metal already so you don't even have to guess where to drill. After that, it's two screw out, two in.

Someone on another post said to remove the tire. I can't imagine why you'd do that though - I drilled into mine super easy - didn't have even a thought that it would have been easier without the tire. And i've got the 20inch tires.

Total project - including being super careful and neat - 30 minutes.

When you get the parts, make sure you don't lose the little screw bag included in each part bag. Those screws replace the screws already in the car.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry, the link in my above post didn't come through right. The directions are available at
Nissan Publications

Select "Accessory Installation Instructions" from the drop down box

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Don't they just literally bolt right in?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks Atlanta X for directions. I gave info to my brother who also bought one and was looking to get splashguards. seems very easy and nearly a direct bolt on install.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh I so need these. I hate after it rains and you drive the car it splatters dirt all over the front side panels of the doors. This is especially visible on the moonlight white.

Does anyone have any pictures of them installed? Does it change the look of the car drastically?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh I so need these. I hate after it rains and you drive the car it splatters dirt all over the front side panels of the doors. This is especially visible on the moonlight white.

Does anyone have any pictures of them installed? Does it change the look of the car drastically?
I have a black PF and I don't think it changes the look much at all. It might look different on white though. They are very small related to other flaps. But, they do the job and block the splashing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a white path and the splash guards look seamless and fluid with the body. they do not stick out or look odd and actually enhance the look of the car IMO

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
It's not too bad on white. The tires are black too so its not like it doesn't match. You could paint them to match if you'd like.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's not too bad on white. The tires are black too so its not like it doesn't match. You could paint them to match if you'd like.
like you said it does look well with black tires and does look nice. I also have the charcoal interior so even better. I like that the guards dont stick out or bulge that much at all like others I have seen. However If I were to paint them white it would drive me crazy wiping them down all the time and the build up and road debris damage would likely not look well over time.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok I am sold. Can anyone recommend the best to get them at?
with current promotion i cant imagine seeing a cheaper price elsewhere. will run you about $80 with this code:

20% off purchases of $100 or more through May 31.
Code NOAE2013 at parts.nissanusa.com

Let us know how it went and maybe do a DIY for the forum with some pics:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mcorte thanks for the tip. Since the splash guards are less then $100 I can't apply the coupon so I am going to wait for the bumper protection before I place my order.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mcorte thanks for the tip. Since the splash guards are less then $100 I can't apply the coupon so I am going to wait for the bumper protection before I place my order.
The front set is $55, the back set is $55...that's $110. Apply the 20% discount and pay $88

The discount is off of total purchase, not the item.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I picked them up on eBay and they came out to about $100 shipped. Installation, aside from a bit of drilling on the rear set was fairly painless and took all of 45 minutes (and that's only because I was being extra careful).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yep, I went ahead and ordered them too. Shipped pretty fast. I need to install them this weekend. Looks like they are easy to install just like they were on my RAV4.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts