Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped the front running lights, license plate, reverse, & rear side markers with LEDs last night. The look and output of them has improved greatly! Not bad for less than $20! Normally, I wouldn't have bought cheap LEDs but these got good reviews so it was worth a shot.

Not sure why people say changing the front running light is hard and that removing the headlight is almost a must. I was able to change all 8 bulbs listed above in about 15 mins.

Wayne

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice. Link to LEDs?
This is a cheap mod that I'm interested in as well. Where'd you get the bulbs for that price?

Seems like you have the efficiency down-pat for the install. Is there something you did different that others are struggling with. Pathfinder looks great BTW. One major dissappointing feature for me was the lack of HID headlighting. For vehicles that cost around $40k, this should have been standard.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a cheap mod that I'm interested in as well. Where'd you get the bulbs for that price?

Seems like you have the efficiency down-pat for the install. Is there something you did different that others are struggling with. Pathfinder looks great BTW. One major dissappointing feature for me was the lack of HID headlighting. For vehicles that cost around $40k, this should have been standard.
I do mechanic work on the side so a lot of thinks come natural but the front running lights were so easy I couldn't make a how to other than saying remove old bulb and install new.

Wayne

·
Registered
210 Posts
I used

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251620379636&globalID=EBAY-US

&

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251348485050&globalID=EBAY-US

There isn't much blue but honestly
I installed them check them out and havnt looked at them again.

I agree HIDs are a disappointment which is why u may be installing a set of 5500K TRS HIDs as heads and 3000K TRS HIDs for fogs soon but the wife is happy with the light output so those may wait.

Wayne

much appreciated! Yeah I installed 5000K HID's on the lows and 5000K LED's for the fogs on my wife's PF and currently have decent super white LED's for the parking light. I wouldn't mind a brighter white LED but would not want any blue in it, which is why I was wondering.

Your parking lights look brighter than mine but seem to have a hint of blue, which looks great alone but would bother me a little seeing as how all the other lights I put in are white.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone put amber LEDs in the running lights? Curious to see how that would look. Do the running lights stay lite when the headlights are on?

Wayne

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I ordered some just to see how they will look, if I don't like the way it looks I put them in something else. Ill be sure to post pics when they come in.

Wayne

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally got around to swapping out the White LEDs to Amber LEDs. Whatcha think, I think I like the Amber much better.

This is the Amber with the headlights on.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
White LED with headlights on.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Both to compare

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

LED Amber parking bulb and LED headlights
Can you tell me more about the LED headlights? I was going to do HIDs but if the LEDs provide just as much line with a better pattern I would go that way!

Wayne

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Isn't the point of the front lights to provide road visibility for the driver? The amber is not going to shed as many lumens as the white.
It's a parking/running light, regardless of the color it doesn't actually provide much usable light anyways.

Wayne

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I LOVE yellow fogs. Been running 3000K HIDs fogs in my trucks for over 10 years now.

The plans are to out 3000K HIDs in the fogs one day.

While we are on the subject of fogs, are the lenses for the fogs supposed to be "cloudy" I noticed it last night when installing the running lights, the lenses are crystal clear like the heads.

Wayne

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts