Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving about 30 MPH and I don't remember if I was lightly accelerating or coming off the gas but I felt like I went over those warning strips in the road.

Not finely spaced ones on the side of the interstate, but the ones that run full across a lane when they want to warn you that a stop might be required.

Just a momentary b-b-b-b-b-b-bvvvvp.

For those that have had it happen, what is it like?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Exactly like what you just described - like driving over a rumble strip momentarily. It's actually pretty subtle and momentary (lasts for a second, maybe two).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No amount of reprogramming the TCM is going to fix this. They've got a design flaw in that transmission.

And to think my wife was concerned about buying a first year model and I told her "Nah... it will be fine... no bugs... trust me."

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have about 600 miles on mine so far and I've felt this about a half dozen times. I definitely new something was not right. I found the TSB and contacted my dealer and he told me that he checked my VIN and mine is showing as already being fixed. He told me I could bring it in if I wanted to, but I said it's not really easy to replicate as it's only happened maybe less then 10 times in 600 miles. So I told him I felt it would be a waste of my time. I guess I'll just keep waiting to see if another TSB comes out, but it's definitely not right. It happened again this morning on my way to work.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
No amount of reprogramming the TCM is going to fix this. They've got a design flaw in that transmission.

And to think my wife was concerned about buying a first year model and I told her "Nah... it will be fine... no bugs... trust me."
I think you might be right. Though I hadn't noticed it for about 1000 miles, it returned yesterday - again, light throttle, slow speed (between 20-25 MPH). And again this morning under similar conditions.

There seems to be a transition that occurs in the CVT when going from slow to moderate speeds under normal conditions. It almost feels like a shift, or maybe the A/C compressor kicking on or off every time you accelerate from a stop. It's around that point that the judder occurs under certain conditions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fingers crossed. My pathfinder which was just picked up this past weekend, I still have not experienced this and I am up to 400 miles. I drove this through NYC and was around 10-30mph the whole time and nothing yet...

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you put anything above I say 30% intitial throttle input from a stop you will not get the "Judder." Anything lighter on the input then it will occur between 20-25MPH.

·
Registered
56 Posts
PH3N1X, you are about right. when My wife drives, she has never experienced the judder as she has a heavier foot than mine. Since I got the recall done, I have only felt it a couple of times in over 500km or driving with a light foot on the accelerator. I'll see how it goes for another 500km and then report to dealer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i think i experienced it once at about 600 miles, now im 2800k miles and i have not felt the judder, i was thinking that maybe if i get the upgrade it could trigger the judder to start.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you put anything above I say 30% intitial throttle input from a stop you will not get the "Judder." Anything lighter on the input then it will occur between 20-25MPH.
The dealer assures me that the reprogramming was done before I picked up my PF in January but I've still experienced the Judder roughly once a week. It has always been under the conditions you describe above except the second day I owned the car when it happened at very low speed (maybe 10MPH). I hope this isn't slowly damaging the chain.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hmm, mine behaving the same thing too, especially when on low speed, like running over the rubber speed bump.
It happened to me twice. Once at kinda obvious, and then today about just a light judder. My just 200+ miles driven.

I did called my dealer the first time it happened and provides my VIN, and they said no recalled or any last min tune already performed before delivery.

I will take note again. If it happens again, I will contact nissan HQ directly.

Please shared your experience if any of u experienced the same thing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Most people are not to get this confused with the slight hesitation you get sometimes when pulling off from a stop on low throttle. The Judder is a more pronounced SHAKE that occurs.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Most people are not to get this confused with the slight hesitation you get sometimes when pulling off from a stop on low throttle. The Judder is a more pronounced SHAKE that occurs.
Yep, you actually feel it in the suspension - it really is like driving over a rumble strip - and the degree of severity can vary. Sometimes it's light, sometimes it's very pronounced, but ALWAYS under light throttle and usually under 30MPH. I had it today in stop and go traffic - this time, it was pronounced.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I noticed that it occurs to me more often when I am in Auto mode and not so much in 2WD mode.
I would agree with that statement. I've noticed the same.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
interesting.. hopefully an answer / solution will surface

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought an SV on February 14, 2013. It has 800 miles on it and I started noticing the judder at around 600 miles. Mine only does it when taking off slowly. Does not do it when you start faster. I am taking it to the dealership tomorrow to have them check it out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought an SV on February 14, 2013. It has 800 miles on it and I started noticing the judder at around 600 miles. Mine only does it when taking off slowly. Does not do it when you start faster. I am taking it to the dealership tomorrow to have them check it out.
Please keep us posted. Thanks. Btw.. I also log a case with them. Please also goto their Nissan Pathfinder FB to notified them too. :) Im sure more people will be experiencing the same issues as we are reported in this forum.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts