Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post here anything you did to your Pathfinder, are planning to do or bought for it and want to share with the group. This is a general chit chat thread for daily activities involving our vehicles that don't fall within other threads.

·
Super Moderator
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This past weekend I swapped tires, Winter is coming !
As I usually do, I lubed the pads and caliper pins. Rear brake pads are gone, this ones only lasted 30k km (18.6k miles) so stay away from them. Raybestos MGD1391CH.

Ordered a set of Power Stop 17-905 Z17 Evolution Plus that should be arriving in a day or two. We'll see how long these ones last.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,418 Posts
Yup! I have to changeover to snows soon too. Traditionally, I do both of my vehicles the weekend after Thanksgiving. In the spring, I'll have to get a new set of tires. The OEM Contis held up well I think for 65,000 miles (used only 7 months of the year). I swap out the carpets on both cars too for the OEM rubber ones.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I've stopped using snow tires. Going with Nokian WR G3 All-weathers. Too much of a PITA to change over twice a year, plus up here it could be 70F one day and a blizzard the next.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Posted on another thread, but yesterday I fixed a blown hatch gate spindle for $38 CAD (tax in). Compared to a complete retrofit of both spindles and a computer for $1800 CAD!

·
Super Moderator
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've stopped using snow tires. Going with Nokian WR G3 All-weathers. Too much of a PITA to change over twice a year, plus up here it could be 70F one day and a blizzard the next.
I am in the snowbelt so we get pounded every year. I just did 3 cars and I was asking myself for how much longer I am going to keep doing this, plus I have storage racks way up on the garage wall so I have to carry them up there using a ladder.
I looked into the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady last time I replaced my all seasons but decided to stay with two sets. Not sure how much those new "all weathers" last.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I ran Nokians for years on an AWD minivan. I'd say they wear about 20% faster and are maybe 10% less capable in deep snow. But even with tire lifters, impact wrenches etc. it is way too much work. Local Nissan dealer used to do the swaps for $29.95 but even then, humping tires back and forth and back... Now it is $60 each time (plus rims, tires etc.) so I'd say not worth it. And we travel into the mountains in the winter and AW tires were just fine - even with the PF's crappy "AWD".

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wash & wax, rotate tires, oil change, both air filters, plan to 800 grit sand an UV clear coat both headlight lenses. No snows yet here in Dallas high 70s ;) #beerdrinkinweather

·
Super Moderator
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried doing one of the headlights of my SHO and the end results were marginal. Take some before and after pics.

·
Super Moderator
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This past weekend I swapped tires, Winter is coming !
As I usually do, I lubed the pads and caliper pins. Rear brake pads are gone, this ones only lasted 30k km (18.6k miles) so stay away from them. Raybestos MGD1391CH.

Ordered a set of Power Stop 17-905 Z17 Evolution Plus that should be arriving in a day or two. We'll see how long these ones last.
Replaced the rear brake pads, one was almost gone while another one was about half way. The caliper piston seal on the worn one has a small crack, this could be affecting how it retracts causing accelerated wear. I'll look into it next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts