Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something in how to make a hands free call. It seems like way too many steps. After pushing the voice thing, I say phone, handset phone book, the person's name which sometimes brings up a list and I have to select one (I think a list comes up because voice recognition not great) then say dial. In my husband's Camry all I say is dial home and it does it. Any short cuts? I have never downloaded my phone book onto the car, would that save any steps?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Combining calling commands and interrupting menus

I had the same impression. Downlaod your phonebook and you will be able to combine two commands--like call, home. . . the key is to use the "pick up phone" button on the steering wheel controls. With that button you can interrupt the menu choices if you know which choice you are going to use. As in:

DO: Press "pick up phone" button (PUP).
DO: Press PUP button to interrupt menu.
SAY: Call home.
DO: Press PUP button to interrupt verification of who you want to call.
SAY: Dial

Call will go through by saying "Call Home." and then "Dial".

·
Registered
175 Posts
I recently read that talking on the phone using your hands isn't even that dangerous. Dialing the phone is probably more dangerous, but maybe not if you are having this many problems getting the system to dial for you.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can put the voice command it alternate mode or put your popular numbers in the vehicle phonebook and can pick them on the screen in 2 clicks after pressing the pick up phone button

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can put the voice command it alternate mode or put your popular numbers in the vehicle phonebook and can pick them on the screen in 2 clicks after pressing the pick up phone button
What do you mean by put the voice command in alternate mode?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Activating Alternate Command Mode

What do you mean by put the voice command in alternate mode?
Note sure if this is for all models, but it is for my platinum model:

Activating Alternate Command Mode
1. Press the SETTING button on the instrument
panel.
2. Select the “Others” key on the display.
3. Select the “Voice Recognition” key.
4. Select the “Alternate Command Mode” key.
5. The confirmation message is displayed on
the screen. Select the “OK” key to activate
the Alternate Command Mode.
6. Alternate Command Mode is activated and
the setting menu is expanded to include the
Alternate Command Mode options. See
“Settings menu” in this section for an explanation

of the options.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I recently read that talking on the phone using your hands isn't even that dangerous. Dialing the phone is probably more dangerous, but maybe not if you are having this many problems getting the system to dial for you.

Just my 2 cents.
I've never understood how people manage to crash because they are on the phone.. your eyes are still on the road no?

Unless you drive manual then I'd understand.

Now texting and driving.
That is dangerous.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've never understood how people manage to crash because they are on the phone.. your eyes are still on the road no?

Unless you drive manual then I'd understand.

Now texting and driving.
That is dangerous.
Agreed about texting and driving. That is not a good idea at all. Don't drink and drive, and don't text and drive.

I will just use the voice command on my phone and then put it on speaker phone while in the car sometimes. I find that my phone does navigation, calling, and basically everything else better than the infotainment system anyway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't tried the alternate mode yet but will tomorrow. I did enter my common contacts in my vehicle phone book. However, I still cannot just says call home. I hit the hands free button.(I do interrupt it so I don't listen to all teh choices) But I still have to say
Phone (hit button again)
vehicle phone book (hit button again)
home (hit button again)
dial

I don't see any way to just say call home or dial home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts