Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have just purchased silicone smart key cover for my wife (it is pink). They have one in black and one glow in the dark. I am considering getting the black one. It fits perfectly and protects the key. Plus i think it looks cool. Initially I was considering leather key holder, but they did not have anything for 2013 pathfinder with remote start button. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
welcome to the forum, where did you get the silicone smart key cover from? and how much are they?

is it really worth getting one of these covers?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found it on ebay, it was around $8.5. I like it. it is decent quality and protects the key in case you drop it (which my wife does quite often). It also look cool and we know which key is mine and which is hers.

I have not seen a lot of those. I think it might be manufactured for nissan, because the seller: leeutoparts sells oem nissan accessories.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've bought these before on eBay. They have crap fitment and collect dust like crazy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They sell these at my Nissan dealership. I've seen them during my many trips and many hours spent there.

The Wife.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
These rubber covers for remotes are prone to collect dust and pretty much about anything that is in your pocket. But over time it is a good protection for the finish on the remote and acts also as a shock absorber if you drop your keys a lot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
way i look at it is its 8.5 bucks and yea it picks up dust and other stuff but it saves the key from getting messed up and that would be really expensive to replace so its worth it. We just swapped our covers over from our rogue keys. We have been using ours for about 3 years now and they dont trap dust and stuff too bad anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts