Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the purpose of the small, square radiator that sits just in front of the drivers side front tire?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that is the CVT radiator.
I was kinda thinking that too, but doesnt the CVT oil line enter the bottom of the main radiator? I do have the factory tow package, perhaps this is the extra cooling for the CVT?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think we r both correct. I checked the schematics on Nissan Parts. The CVT oil enters the radiator then exits and goes directly to the small square front tire radiator for additional cooling and then returns to the CVT.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have learned that heat can be an issue for the CVT.
Has anyone considered, or even installed, a little 7 inch, 12volt fan on the front of the little square CVT oil cooler? It seems having it run all the time to blow 800cfm of cooling air across the fins would ensure the CVT oil stays cool. Seems an easy modification. Thoughts?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,581 Posts
This only saves the link, not the file. At least not in Firefox.
Are you using "Save Link As..."? :44:

And you do really need to copy them all because they cross-reference other chapters within the set.

I found it helpful to rename each pdf with the topic being referenced, but maintain their 2-3 letter designation in your rename (e.g., "Charging System - CHG") because that's what they use in their cross-referencing.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Are you using "Save Link As..."? :44:

And you do really need to copy them all because they cross-reference other chapters within the set.

I found it helpful to rename each pdf with the topic being referenced, but maintain their 2-3 letter designation in your rename (e.g., "Charging System - CHG") because that's what they use in their cross-referencing.
I'm using Foxfire. Right click only gives me the ability to work with links not source:

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,581 Posts
I'm using Foxfire. Right click only gives me the ability to work with links not source:
So am I... version 65.0.2. Try downloading the latest version or try another browser.

·
Registered
2013 AWD Pathfinder
24 Posts
I can verify it's an external tranny oil cooler. There's one mated to the CVT itself but thats an extra one. Mine was leaking so it needed to be replaced so I'm familiar with the parts in that area now. It's really hard to track down exactly what it is even w/the manuals in my experience.

·
Registered
Pathfinder 2017 SV
12 Posts
I have learned that heat can be an issue for the CVT.
Has anyone considered, or even installed, a little 7 inch, 12volt fan on the front of the little square CVT oil cooler? It seems having it run all the time to blow 800cfm of cooling air across the fins would ensure the CVT oil stays cool. Seems an easy modification. Thoughts?
Did someone tried to install a fan? This is a good idea or not?
Thank you

·
Registered
33 Posts
What is the purpose of the small, square radiator that sits just in front of the drivers side front tire?
It is the tranny rad.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did someone tried to install a fan? This is a good idea or not?
Thank you
No point installing a fan there, unless you're going to go uphill in really steep at full throttle with your RPMs barely under 7000 for like a solid 5 min in BC or Utah, etc. Take it easy going uphill when towing. You're vacationing. : )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts