Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread on the bull bumper guards got me thinking.
Are any of you considering getting the body side moldings to prevent parking lot dings ? The current design just lends itself to many dings. :mad:
I'm seriously contemplating some that I've seen on eBay. If I had to choose...I'd rather have a scratch than a ding any day.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Are any of you considering getting the body side moldings to prevent parking lot dings ? The current design just lends itself to many dings. :mad:
I had to search to find what you're talking about, and finally discovered that these are standard on the SL/Plat trim, and sold as a part (though marketed by some dealers as an accessory).

If your car didn't come with them, the mounting holes won't be drilled so the mounting hooks have to be removed. This leaves you with a pretty expensive sticker!

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the chrome, and it doesn't seem like it would help much with dings since it mounts so low on the car. I think I'd rather have something thin and body colored mounted a bit higher.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you misunderstood the type of molding I was talking about.
The molding I'm talking about attaches to the mid door area.
I do have the chrome molding along the bottom of my vehicle, but that won't help prevent dings farther up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where did you buy your side molding? And is it easy to install?

·
Registered
15 Posts
mchenel -- nice. They look like the same as mine. I got mine from bodysidemoldings.com (the one with the chrome inserts). Kind of pricey, but I like the chrome.

jho1015 -- it's a piece of cake to install. It just attaches with double-sided 3m tape (basically it's 4 giant stickers). It comes with a couple of tubes of adhesive promoter, which I did use, but probably isn't necessary. I had installed similar side moldings on a Murano without the promoter, and it never came loose in the 9 yrs I had it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, Crome looks awesome... That's something I'll be interested in . Thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think you misunderstood the type of molding I was talking about.
The molding I'm talking about attaches to the mid door area.
I do have the chrome molding along the bottom of my vehicle, but that won't help prevent dings farther up.
Oh, then I definitely misunderstood.

The pictures upthread look great... I may have to find something like this. Does it come in the gray to match the lower trim on the S/SV models, or does it come pre-painted to match the body color?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, then I definitely misunderstood.

The pictures upthread look great... I may have to find something like this. Does it come in the gray to match the lower trim on the S/SV models, or does it come pre-painted to match the body color?
They come pre-painted to match your car's exterior color, which you furnish to the vendor when you place the order.
I'm undecided as to which style to go for. One molding style has the basic color, another has a chrome insert and still another has a black insert instead of the chrome insert.
They are pretty expensive ($124 - $152), but then again so is dent removal. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice, I was wanting side moulding that was about 3 inches wide and had a 1 in wide chrome piece in the middle of body color. I saw something like that on a Chrysler T&C but haven't found anything like it on line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts