Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, got the shudder, had TCM reprogram. No fix. Had TC replaced with suffix "D" converter & another TCM reprogram. Now about 3 months & 1500 miles since fix. Has shuddered twice just like before the fix - at about 30 - 35 mph like running over a rub board. Today for first time, when turning left at a light, it seemed to slip like I had put it in neutral then suddenly caught and accelerated normally. That's the story to date.

For this thread my ? is about the fuel economy. Before the "fix": about 24 - 25 on highway and 19 - 21 in town, calculated with the old miles divided by gallons at the fill up. After the "fix," using the same brand and octane gas, same calculations the mileage has crashed. Getting maybe 18 - 19 highway and 12 - 13 in town.

Man, the size of the PF and the good fuel economy was one of the reasons I bought this thing.

Gonna take it in AGAIN. After the TC replacement they forgot to tighten the clamps on the air intake ducting and I had that all fixed the next a.m. Maybe they left something else loose or unconnected - I don't know.

Anybody else notice anything like this?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Being serviced at the dealer, you expect they do a proper job and not forget anything, looks like that clearly didn't happen at the one you went to. Which dealer was this? Ever considered going to another dealer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, was very disappointed. Just glad I know something about cars so I noticed the loose hoses. Was wondering anything else left unconnected or unattached might affect the fuel economy. Also, has anyone else noticed the drop in fuel economy?

·
Registered
341 Posts
After receiving a new CVT, my city mpg dropped from 18-19 to around 15. I mentioned this to the service manager at my dealership, and he told me to drive it thru a couple tanks of gas, and then reassess. He said it takes a while for new parts to work together correctly.

He was correct. After a few weeks, my mpg went back to normal.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just wonder if when they reprogram the cvt, mileage suffers, just to be sure it minimizes the shudder.... Ghaaasp
Mine didn't change after the CVT reprogram. My PF actually drove better after the reprogram. It was the new CVT that caused my PF to shudder more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts