Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey PF Fam,

I'm looking to change out my stock 20' wheels with some aftermarket chrome wheels and am having a hard time finding the right look.

If you have aftermarket wheels (chrome, Black, White, Red, it does not matter), post a pic or two of your wheels so we can all have a great reference point for our PFs....

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are the wheels I was looking at adding. I had these on my prior Aspen, and they looked very nice...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Those are absolutely gorgeous !
I also am watching for rims. It will be a springtime treat .

·
Registered
192 Posts

These rims look great and I think they match well with the Pathfinder as well. Are they terribly expensive? Very, very nice look I think. Great job.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

These rims look great and I think they match well with the Pathfinder as well. Are they terribly expensive? Very, very nice look I think. Great job.
Well, I've never been one to purchase wheels 'new'. I will probably pay no more than 500.00 for a set of 'like new' wheels off of Craigslist. New, these are probably around 250 each, give or take 15.00s.

I do love the multi-spoke look for my cars, so I tend to gravitate to this style and look.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,533 Posts
Good luck with that!

Well, I've never been one to purchase wheels 'new'. I will probably pay no more than 500.00 for a set of 'like new' wheels off of Craigslist. New, these are probably around 250 each, give or take 15.00s.
Good luck getting a set of "like new" chrome wheels off of Craigslist for $500. I'm not saying it can't be done, just trying help you be more realistic in your expectations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good luck getting a set of "like new" chrome wheels off of Craigslist for $500. I'm not saying it can't be done, just trying help you be more realistic in your expectations.
I've been very successfull with CL and wheels in the past. The picture of the wheel in this post came off of my Aspen which were purchased used on CL and are about 4 yrs old. I have a set I am going to look at today in Fort Worth that are these same wheels new in box for 520.... I think I have purchased a total of 6 sets off of CL in the past 8 yrs that have all been at least 9 out of 10s in appearence.
You just need to be patient and know exactly what you are looking for.

If I get them, I'll post some pics after the are installed....

Thanks....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Finally found the wheels for the PF:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
some more pics of the wheels

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's some pics of my ghetto winter wheel setup ;) If anyones curious how bad / not so bad a steel wheel setup looks.

Specs are Blizzak DM-V1's with OE TPMS (40700-3JA0A) on 18" steelie's

·
Super Moderator
4,533 Posts
Just curious what the steelies cost you, oatmeal. Are they new or used?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ya need some hubcaps now!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Steelies were new from Canadian Tire, $89 each. Was wondering if I should have got alloys for $40 more. Well I stick with these this winter. I know I could have got cheaper from costco.ca but last time I ordered online some wheels came with bad dents. Blizzaks I got used, but look pretty much new for $670! Otherwise I would have went with 17" wheels.

Heh yeah will have to find some good 18" hubcaps!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I decided to go with a set of 20's. These are from a 2012 Murano LE....I got a wider tire because I personally felt the stock 235's were too narrow. I went with 255/55-20.
Powdercoated too...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,533 Posts
New snow shoes

Well I finally got some snow tires put on. This is the second winter for our 2013 Pathy SL, so with 11.6k on the original Continental Cross Contacts, I felt that a dedicated set of snow treads were now warranted.

I've been searching on Craigslist for rims all year and ended up with a set of 17" OEM Infiniti G37 rims (yes, the sedan). I've paired them with Blizzak DM-V1's. I think the 17's will perform better in the snow, although they're the same width as the tires that came with the car.

Including the used TPMS, which I purchased from someone on this forum last year, the whole setup, including tax, cost me just under $1000.

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Looks great especially for the money you paid...I paid $1700 everything in but no TPMS included AND not as nice looking rims as yours.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts