Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I would look in to this antenna actually it reminds me a lot of the antennas that come stock on the bmws. How much does this cost to do?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like the look but would love to hear testimony on performance on Path before buying / installing.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You just twist off your old antenna and twist this one on. It's a simple addon.

I have heard that it does effect reception a tiny little bit. Not extremely noticeable. It does look better though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You just twist off your old antenna and twist this one on. It's a simple addon.

I have heard that it does effect reception a tiny little bit. Not extremely noticeable. It does look better though.
Great. If it does not require drilling or glue then I will order and give it a try. Its the same one I had on my BMW and always worked good. Im wondering if using a BMW antenna would work and perhaps be better quality for reception?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anyone have any plans on replacing spiral antenna with a shark fin? Anyone have any experience on past cars? The product I was looking at is VG Shark Fin Antenna - What Is It?

Let me know what you all think. Isn't the fm antenna in the rear window too?
When I went to the site, it doesn't have the Pathfinder (any year) as an option. So....guess we can't get this?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I went to the site, it doesn't have the Pathfinder (any year) as an option. So....guess we can't get this?
Yes it will work with the pathfinder, I've been emailing back and forth with their sales guy with dimensions and fitting. Just email them and give them your info at [email protected]. The info he said he needs is

Subject: Order - VG Shark Fin Antenna Mark II

Qty x Year Make Model Style - Color Name / Color Code
(example: Qty: 1 x 2009 Pontiac G8 4-Dr Sedan - Phantom Metallic / WA690F)

Shipping Address

Paypal email Address

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes it will work with the pathfinder, I've been emailing back and forth with their sales guy with dimensions and fitting. Just email them and give them your info at [email protected]. The info he said he needs is

Subject: Order - VG Shark Fin Antenna Mark II

Qty x Year Make Model Style - Color Name / Color Code
(example: Qty: 1 x 2009 Pontiac G8 4-Dr Sedan - Phantom Metallic / WA690F)

Shipping Address

Paypal email Address
Thanks! Im going to order mine today

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok just got confirmation that my order was received and processed. (thanks again powerddanger) I will post pics when I install and comment on antenna performance.

Was also thinking added bonus is that car wash will not have to unscrew the antenna every time I go through there. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok just got confirmation that my order was received and processed. (thanks again powerddanger) I will post pics when I install and comment on antenna performance.

Was also thinking added bonus is that car wash will not have to unscrew the antenna every time I go through there. :)
Did you use the QAA code for moonlight white?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did you use the QAA code for moonlight white?
Yes I did use QAA color code. Total came out to be $81 with $12 shipping fee with two weeks of lead time. Thanks

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
So for just about $100 for a pathfinder shark fin antenna with shipping.... not bad.
if you guys don't mind, do a DIY for members that are completely new to doing something like this :D

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
SIAP but I assumed the stock antenna also functioned as the XM antenna. Does anyone know if this is true and does this have any bearing on our ability to use the sharkfin? Thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SIAP but I assumed the stock antenna also functioned as the XM antenna. Does anyone know if this is true and does this have any bearing on our ability to use the sharkfin? Thanks.
Please look through visual garage.com that I have posted about the product. It does not interfere with satellite signal that is built into the base.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I cant say for sure until I receive and install but its the same shark fin I had on my BMW and XM worked just fine with it. The Shark Fin Site shows this "Can I use the VG Shark Fin Antenna to cover my Sirius/XM antenna?
Yes, many of our customers have covered their Sirius and XM satellite radio antenna with our VG Shark Fin Antenna for a much more uniform and streamlined look. Your Sirius or XM antenna will have to be small enough to fit under the VG Shark Fin Antenna cover (i.e. Terk SIR-MINI SIRIUS antenna). It will required a slight modification to the shark fin (such as cutting a small groove) to allow the satellite antenna wire to pass through the back. Some customers pass the satellite antenna wire through the original antenna base gasket." Customer service did say the fin is compatible with the pathfinder and made no mention of any requirement to cut a small grove. I do not see that it is needed since the cable that connects from base gasket is short and screws right on to base.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Please look through visual garage.com that I have posted about the product. It does not interfere with satellite signal that is built into the base.
I read the faq about covering the XM antenna with the sharkfin, but I found nothing stating that it does not interfere with XM signal. Thanks for clearing this up. My question was more general to Pathfinder owners regarding where the actual XM antenna was located.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I cant say for sure until I receive and install but its the same shark fin I had on my BMW and XM worked just fine with it.
Thanks mcorte. Hope you don't mind being the guinea pig on this. I look forward to your report. I'm actually much more concerned with maintaining XM signal quality than the FM signal, as I will rarely, if ever, listen to FM...almost exclusively XM and iPod listener.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts