Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm owner of a white 2013 SL with 10000KM (6200 miles) I bought it last December and found a spot of rust in the bottom of the back door passenger side last June. I spoke with Nissan Canada about it but they have nothing to say except they are sorry... Of course the dealer did a retouch to mask it but it can be worry for the future...

Is it other person who found the same kind of rust spot?

See the pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
I saw your post on the Pathfinder facebook page, and I can say that is one PF problem that I don't have. I seem to have the rest of them :(

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
you most likely nicked the paint off there and it slowly rusted away.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
That's extremely minor. The dealership's body shop should be able to clean that up with no problem and it shouldn't be any cause for concern in the future. I'm amazed that they gave you any pushback on that. All they have to do is strip the area of paint, clean up the rust with some naval jelly, apply some primer and touchup paint. With a bit of buffing, you'd never know it was even there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealership cleaned it but the problem with rust is that you never know when it will come back... also I suspect that Nissan are using recycle materials it's not normal at all for a 6 months old vehicule.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Just keep an eye out for that area for any sort of bubbling in the future.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The dealership cleaned it but the problem with rust is that you never know when it will come back... also I suspect that Nissan are using recycle materials it's not normal at all for a 6 months old vehicule.
when the paint has been nicked off like that and the metal is exposed like that, depending on the weather conditions, in 6 months time that is going to happen. I've seen it for myself on a few cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts