Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL through a car wash, I noticed a piece of narrow black rubber with blue stripes hanging from the edge of the left headlight unit. Took it to the dealer service department. They said it was shipping material and pulled the rest of it out. Can I trust them or am I going to have some type of leak inthe future?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I noticed a narrow piece of black rubber molding hanging on the roof of my PF, right under the roof rack. I took it to my dealer and they replaced it. I mentioned it to my salesman, and he said he had a few customers with the same piece of molding coming loose.

Can't help you with the light molding, but the roof molding is being replaced.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
If its a thin piece of rubber that I am picturing than its there to stabilize the headlight and hold it firmly in place so it doesn't make creaks when it hits or rub up against other pieces.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If its a thin piece of rubber that I am picturing than its there to stabilize the headlight and hold it firmly in place so it doesn't make creaks when it hits or rub up against other pieces.
Thats most definitely what that piece was, and the blue stripes were likely the adhesive LOL. That piece will also be important for keeping your pathfinders headlight assembly dry, you dont want water getting to the back of the headlight housing where all the wires meet.

Go back and kick some ass, stupidity should not be tolerated from these people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have noticed the rubber strip come off both sides of my roof also! I pushed it in with my house key for now but will go to the dealership if it comes off again. It only comes of after a drive in car wash. Actually, I also noticed my vehicle did not come with the radio antenna on the back lol. Will get that also haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts