Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On two separate occasions, while traveling 70 MPH, this little piece of rubber has pulled out and started flapping against the car. Not knowing what it is, I just tucked it back in under the black trim and when on and planned on bringing this up at my next oil change. Has this happened to anyone else?

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Told my dealer about it and the service tech said that they are not servicing this problem. I said what the **** does that mean and he said basically they are sticking their head in the sand about this one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
NTB13101: This is the service bulletin. All they have to do is look it up and perform the bulletin. Easy. I do it all the time at work. I work at a Lexus dealership and we have hundreds of service bulletins.

·
Registered
394 Posts
NTB13101: This is the service bulletin. All they have to do is look it up and perform the bulletin. Easy. I do it all the time at work. I work at a Lexus dealership and we have hundreds of service bulletins.
But does it apply to Canada? I can't find anything on Google about it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
But does it apply to Canada? I can't find anything on Google about it.
I live in Ontario as well. Had the same problem twice, in which that seal would tear near the end and just falls down inside below. The first time, the dealer replaced the complete trim and seal on both sides of the roof. The second time it happened again but it was just one side, so they replaced it again.

I'm also wondering if using high pressure wash over that area would force it to tear. That's why I'm reluctant to go to car washes anymore.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Visit www.nissan-techinfo.com/. That does include Canada on the map. You will see what I am talking about. It would not hurt to try. Give them the Bulletin number and have them look it up. If it comes up, then have them perform the bulletin. They may have to order parts.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Visit www.nissan-techinfo.com/. That does include Canada on the map. You will see what I am talking about. It would not hurt to try. Give them the Bulletin number and have them look it up. If it comes up, then have them perform the bulletin. They may have to order parts.
Thanks for the heads up...Im going over to the dealer and bum blast that S.O.B.:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine came from the factory like that. It stayed tucked in during the low speed test drive, but was hanging out in the back by the time we drove it home. The whole plastic trim piece has to be replaced. Should cover it under warranty

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is my 3rd occurrence with the rubber seal tearing off. This time the dealer incorporated NTB13101 with a new sealing arrangement and moulding. I had a close look at the work and noticed that there is no more flimsy seal along the top portion on either side of the moulding. Looks like a new adhesive seal (or foam) in the lower portion now.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This is my 3rd occurrence with the rubber seal tearing off. This time the dealer incorporated NTB13101 with a new sealing arrangement and moulding. I had a close look at the work and noticed that there is no more flimsy seal along the top portion on either side of the moulding. Looks like a new adhesive seal (or foam) in the lower portion now.
Same here:)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Any chance you can take a photo of the new weather strips on the moulding. I had mine replaced also because of the loose ruber, but now notice there is no rubber anymore on the replacement one, there is nothing actually so can just see leaves and crap getting stuck in there now.

so curious to see how they have fixed it for others, if they put a foam insert in there

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,163 Posts
Reviving this thread, my roof trim rubber strip came off today. Anyone has a copy of NTB13101?
I want to check if it will be covered past the 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I checked there but I'm not subscribed so I cannot see the document... or am I missing something?
Same. :mellow:

·
Registered
1 Posts
On two separate occasions, while traveling 70 MPH, this little piece of rubber has pulled out and started flapping against the car. Not knowing what it is, I just tucked it back in under the black trim and when on and planned on bringing this up at my next oil change. Has this happened to anyone else?
Just started having this issue about a year ago with my 2014 Pathfinder. Took i to the shop and quoted over $500 for parts (replace panels and trim)... ugh!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts