Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously thinking about getting the OEM roof cross bars. Wondering if anyone that did install them noticed additional exterior wind noise post install...?

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine came with the crossbars but the one that I test drove for a weekend did not have them. I did notice any difference with wind noise.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Does the roof cross bars really make that much noise are you sure its not something else? But lets just say it is the roof rack that is causing the noise from 1-10 how loud is it and how much does it bother you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just installed the recently acquired crossbars. I confirm: no additional wind noise! This is great!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine came with crossbars and I immediately removed them to increase aerodynamics. I will reinstall them in about 10 minutes if I need to put my roofbox on for a roadtrip. In the meantime, no sense in driving around town with something on the roof to increase drag. JMO

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drove at various speeds since installing the crossbars, up to 140 km/h on highway. Could not "feel" or hear anything different from before installing them. IMHO, these do not create any additional drag (or only does in a very negligeable way).

·
Registered
70 Posts
I realize they look good and they are expensive and for these reasons we all want to have them on our PFs, but the fact is that roof crossbars add noise and drag to any vehicle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine are off, and YES I hear a difference, but mostly with the sunroof open...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just FYI....I recently purchased aftermarket crossbars because I didn't feel like spending alot and I do alot of outdoor adventures with the family and the factory ones look tacky. I bought theseAmazon.com: Inno Stays for Factory Raised Side Rails, Set of 4 (Black): Sports & Outdoors plus the bars which came to around $200. easy as **** to install and take off. The bars are squared so there is significant noise once you get above 30 mph but I don't have them on unless I am using them. I am thinking of getting fairings to see if the noise can be reduced some how.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have never heard noise from the cross bars. Most of my driving is rural at 60 mph.

Although recently, I had to take my wife to the hospital in an emergency and at one point looked down at the speedometer which noted I was traveling at 105 mph. While I was concentrating on driving, it drove as if I was going 60 mph and without added wind noise. Before I get hate mail, I drove with extreme caution while overtaking and in the vicinity of other vehicles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts