Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting some Rock Creek wheels to replace the ugly standard wheels on my 2017 SV

I do know that the physical size of 18x7.5 are the same for both wheels but the Rock Creek tires are 255/60/18 and the standard SV tires are 235/65/18 tires..

can I just swap to the Rock Creek wheels using my standard SV tires (less than a year old when I bought the truck) or do I need to go with the 255/60 size tires?

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,367 Posts
You should be fine, especially since both wheels are the same size. Nothing has changed except the styling.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am looking at getting some Rock Creek wheels to replace the ugly standard wheels on my 2017 SV

I do know that the physical size of 18x7.5 are the same for both wheels but the Rock Creek tires are 255/60/18 and the standard SV tires are 235/65/18 tires..

can I just swap to the Rock Creek wheels using my standard SV tires (less than a year old when I bought the truck) or do I need to go with the 255/60 size tires?
I have used 255 65 18 on my 15' paty and they rub a little when you turn.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you do find a set, definitely remember to post a picture, those rock creek wheels look super nice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I plan on posting pictures.. but right now I'm swapping all the ugly chrome trim over to the gloss black pieces

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
44 Posts
yeah I plan on posting pictures.. but right now I'm swapping all the ugly chrome trim over to the gloss black pieces
Nice, are you replacing them completely or painting/wrapping the chrome?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm replacing them completely.. already installed the front grille, lower bumper trim on front and back and door handles.. I ordered the tailgate trim piece above the license plate but the order was cancelled being it was on backorder so I will probably wrap that piece...

all thats left is the rear badges... not messing with the roof rack since its too expensive..

buy once cry once is my motto lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm replacing them completely.. already installed the front grille, lower bumper trim on front and back and door handles.. I ordered the tailgate trim piece above the license plate but the order was cancelled being it was on backorder so I will probably wrap that piece...

all thats left is the rear badges... not messing with the roof rack since its too expensive..

buy once cry once is my motto lol
Thats the way to do it right the first time!

Great job!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Question for you, are you installing the rock creek fender flares? If yes, do you happen to have the part number?

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,465 Posts
$1500 for fender flares !!!, are they made of gold?
Wonder if Nissan does this to prevent other people from adding them to their non-Rock Creek's....

I recently bought some rubber fender flares to cover some rust on my old Mazda 6, they come with a heavy duty 3M backing tape and only cost $20 on Amazon. This could be an option.

·
Registered
44 Posts
$1500 for fender flares !!!, are they made of gold?
Wonder if Nissan does this to prevent other people from adding them to their non-Rock Creek's....

I recently bought some rubber fender flares to cover some rust on my old Mazda 6, they come with a heavy duty 3M backing tape and only cost $20 on Amazon. This could be an option.

View attachment 15309

View attachment 15310
These look good for the price!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright.. finally have my Rock Creek wheels.. now I just gotta get the tires swapped over.. and the rock creek fender flares nosed dived in price.. its now about $60 for each piece

·
Registered
44 Posts
alright.. finally have my Rock Creek wheels.. now I just gotta get the tires swapped over.. and the rock creek fender flares nosed dived in price.. its now about $60 for each piece
$60 per...wow, what a difference. I will seriously consider it.

Share picks once you swap the tires.

Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you show us some pics of the rock creek fender flares on your 2017 SV? website says it doesn't fit on 2017. thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts