Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their rear shocks on their '13 PF yet? My PF has been bottoming out when I have 5 people in the vehicle and all our luggage for a trip. I'd like to get something to give it a bit more "lift". When it's just me and the wife, we have no problem.

Any recommendations/suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
jimtrvl917

Had same problem with my 2013 path SL, took it back to my dealer and he found a bad shock, took care of problem.:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
The OEM shocks are crap. I have a 2013 and it also bottoms out like a sissy station wagon :(
I purchased a full set of Gabriels and its like night and day. Monroe, Rancho, etc do not make any shocks for our PF's.
Here is what I got from AutoAnything:

Qty
Product Shipping Method Item Price Total 1
Gabriel Ultra Shocks & Struts
Rear Left Shock
2013 Nissan Pathfinder
(All Pathfinder models)
Part #: G64033

$24.95 $24.95 1
Rear Right Shock
2013 Nissan Pathfinder
(All Pathfinder models)
Part #: G64033

$24.95 $24.95 1
Front Left Spring Seat Shock
2013 Nissan Pathfinder
(All Pathfinder models)
Part #: G51765

$95.84 $95.84 1
Front Right Spring Seat Shock
2013 Nissan Pathfinder
(All Pathfinder models)
Part #: G51765

·
Registered
6 Posts
How much does it cost to have front and rear shocks replaced? Is a Nissan shop required for this? (I don't want to mess with my warranty...)

·
Registered
276 Posts
How much does it cost to have front and rear shocks replaced? Is a Nissan shop required for this? (I don't want to mess with my warranty...)
I suggest you google some repair shops in your area and get some ballpark figures.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
Shocks are an aftermarket item like brakes, tires and oil changes. You can go anywhere to get them replaced without affecting any warranties.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thank you, ny2pr2ok2fl and Jay!
No prob! and as suggested above, I recommend buying the shocks online (cheaper) and having them installed locally. Good Luck!

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
No prob! and as suggested above, I recommend buying the shocks online (cheaper) and having them installed locally. Good Luck!
Some mechanics won't guarantee the work if you don't buy the parts from them, and Nissan dealers usually won't touch the job at all.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Some mechanics won't guarantee the work if you don't buy the parts from them, and Nissan dealers usually won't touch the job at all.
I have a local service shop that I have used for years, were I buy the part online, bring it in, and they just charge me the install. They guarantee the install work, but not the part. Luckily I never had an issue with the parts I buy, because I use the same thing they would have used just bought cheaper online. But I can see where some shops won't be as cool to work with and make you buy the part from them.

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
A lot a places mark up the parts 100%. Extra revenue for them. I did once have a BMW indie paint and install a bumper that I purchased online. It was actually easier for him not having to figure out the fitment, etc. All that was on me. It all depends on the place.

I need to find a good Nissan indie in Connecticut once the warranty is up.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sometimes the techs that work at the dealership do work on the side for cash. I know a neighbor who works at a local Toyota dealership and does work on the weekends at his house.

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
The guy I use for my BMW does just that. He's a master mechanic at a Bimmer dealership in Greenwich by day and then comes home and works on his customer's cars at night and weekends. He's got a sweet setup with two bays --one with a lift -- all in a residential neighborhood.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
A lot a places mark up the parts 100%. Extra revenue for them. I did once have a BMW indie paint and install a bumper that I purchased online. It was actually easier for him not having to figure out the fitment, etc. All that was on me. It all depends on the place.

The guy I often use will not use MY parts, but I can tell him exactly what I want him to use. He marks them up 20% over what I would pay (I think he is bagging the 15% dealer cost discount as well). But his hourly rate is like half the stealership's. :) All in all, about half or less than the dealer. I can live with that!

·
Registered
212 Posts
If there's anyone in the Charlotte area who needs Nissan, Infiniti or BMW work, feel free to contact me. I do quality work at reasonable prices and I only charge for labor. You supply the parts and I'll even help you find the best deals. In the few cases where I might decline a job, I will refer you to a corresponding independent garage.

Reactions: PathLessTraveled

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
If there's anyone in the Charlotte area who needs Nissan, Infiniti or BMW work, feel free to contact me.
I need someone like you in Connecticut! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
The rear shock conversation goes on. It has finnally happened to my 2014S W/9500 miles on the clock. I have checked with all the major auto parts suppliers including Rock Auto and come up with nothing availible for this model. At this time I have no intentions of using the warranty and having anoither crappy shock put on even if it is free (plus sitting at the dealer all day and missing a days work). Has anyone found a supplier for this rear shock without going custom fitment??? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had same problem with my 2013 path SL, took it back to my dealer and he found a bad shock, took care of problem.:)
same thing mine only has 45k, went to dealer for problem not stable rear end on bumpy highway, even hitting bumps, rear just shakes to side, noisy clunk on little bumps, so after 2 attempts they couldn't find anything. brought back home, waited winter's over on a nice warm day,.... I am mechanic myself. i looked under I was like what the F***** saw left rear shock leaking oil can see dirt absorbed on shock. i knew shocks are crappy, and now i realized only one store locally has shocks. thinking go to dealer have it installed for me since wife rather not mess with it. or anyone have installed shocks lately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good Morning, Rock Auto did list a rear shock and has shipped it to me. Has anyone physically changed these shocks themselves?? Can anyone explain the interior removal or whatever it takes to get to the top mount of the rear shocks?? It has finnally warmed up enough to get after this hopefully without breaking the interior plastic.
Thanks for any help.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts