Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I brought my pathfinder in because she developed the dreaded shudder. They disconnected my 4WD controller, and ordered a new transmission, once installed they said they cant reconnect the controller its dead and the actual cause of the shudder. And if I leave it like that, it'll wreck my differential.

The new transmission is awsome, night and day difference. Got it done under the extended warrenty which was extra awsome.

The problem is they want 2300$ to replace the awd controller.

1) Anyone have a link to a manual that will tell me WHERE the **** thing is so I can try reconnecting it and seeing if the shudder returns?
2) How can I get a part number or something or what its actually called. like is " Nissan Pathfinder OEM Transfer Case Control Module AWD Torque Split " the right thing? You can get them off ebay used pretty cheap...

I'd like to know how to find the right part number for a few things, both of my powerlift gate struts are broken and I'd love to get them replaced but dealer wants 1k each + a new computer.

All numbers in CAD

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,168 Posts
As far as I know the only thing that turns on/off to have 4WD/2WD is the magnetic coupler mounted on the rear differential. There must be some sort of module that governs the logic for the magnetic coupler to engage, no idea what they are referring to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I searched for 4wd controller on ebay and came up with a part number that lead me to this.
Apperntly located in the back door, which makes sense its broken the struts have been broken on it for like 2 years and try as I might, it gets slammed a lot

I might try disassembling the back hatch and see if I can find it, if its disconnected, voila that IS what I need

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,168 Posts
That is then the brains of the 4WD system, didn't know it was there.
I believe it is underneath the storage compartment or under the 3rd row seat, it doesn't make sense for it to be mounted on the liftgate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts