Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I test drove the car I know the mirrows angled down when in reverse. Now I have bought the same car they don't do it anymore. I looked through the settings and found nothing. I have a 4x4 SL am I dreaming or should they be angling down when in reverse? I did test drive several SUV and could be confused. Does anyone's pathfinder do this? Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
When I test drove the car I know the mirrows angled down when in reverse. Now I have bought the same car they don't do it anymore. I looked through the settings and found nothing. I have a 4x4 SL am I dreaming or should they be angling down when in reverse? I did test drive several SUV and could be confused. Does anyone's pathfinder do this? Thanks
Make sure that the mirror switch is selected to one of the mirrors, either left of right and not in the neutral position. If its in the neutral position then they will not move.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The selector for the window switch is what determines which mirror angles down when in reverse. If you leave it on the left it will make the left go down and same with the right.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The selector for the window switch is what determines which mirror angles down when in reverse. If you leave it on the left it will make the left go down and same with the right.
both my mirrors go down when the mirror switch is in left or right. I was not aware that only one could be selected to down down while in reverse. could you explain the window switch ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
They both move down. You're supposed to be able to program it to move to your desired angle, but that didn't work for me. I went through the directions in the manual numerous times, but couldn't get it to store my preference.

·
Registered
198 Posts
They both move down. You're supposed to be able to program it to move to your desired angle, but that didn't work for me. I went through the directions in the manual numerous times, but couldn't get it to store my preference.
I have the SL 4x4 and both mirrors also tilt down, contrary to what the manual says. I prefer it like that anyways. But the switch must be selected for one of the mirrors. I also could not program the desired angle after following the instructions in the manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts