Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Pathfinder SV with 92,000 miles.
I've had this problem since I bought the car. I complained to the dealer and they said I was not rotating the tires enough. Also, the dealer recommended an alignment which I paid and the results came out perfect.
I changed out the factory tires to Michelins. And now it's doing the same thing. I did a visual check and did not see any leaks on the shocks nor bushings broken. Has anyone had this?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
Are both the rears doing the same ? or is it just 1 tire ? Strange that its cupping on every 2nd tread pattern, could be defective tire ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's only doing it on the left rear. No matter what tire brand I put there , it always start the cupping.
Are both the rears doing the same ? or is it just 1 tire ? Strange that its cupping on every 2nd tread pattern, could be defective tire ?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Check your tire for wheel weights to make sure they haven't fallen off, and still balanced. You have had an alignment done, so probably not that.

At 92,000 miles (140,000km) it would more than likely be your left rear shock, not all worn shocks leak, i would say if easy enough remove it and test it by pushing it in and seeing how quickly it returns to full length, but they aren't that expensive and by the time you remove it, you might as well replace both rears. At 92,000miles i would say you are due.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,519 Posts
My PF had a minor vibration since day one, fixed 18 months later by replacing the drive shaft. In the troubleshooting process they balanced the wheels several times and then replaced 3 rims after attempting to road force balance them. Rims were brand new but it still didn't pass the spec.
My Winter tires do show some cupping but I blame the second hand rims I use on them. Summer set is fine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
@ 92k its time for rear suspension bushings & shocks. ( control arm bushings, rear link upper & lowers bushings, stabilizer bar bushings) and when the rears needing done, the front end is next in line. Just the way it goes unfortunately. I run michelins on my 2016 SV so I want to get the most out of $$$ tires took me a whole weekend doing mine in the drive way saved $2500+ in labor But rides like brand new again probably better

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
@ 92k its time for rear suspension bushings & shocks. ( control arm bushings, rear link upper & lowers bushings, stabilizer bar bushings) and when the rears needing done, the front end is next in line. Just the way it goes unfortunately. I run michelins on my 2016 SV so I want to get the most out of $$$ tires took me a whole weekend doing mine in the drive way saved $2500+ in labor But rides like brand new again probably better
This is bullcrap. We have 160K Kms (100K miles and the suspension is just fine)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys for all your replies. I will change the rear shocks and check all rear bushings. I'm gonna have to put good tires on the rear to see if that's going to fix it. I'll update in a month or 2.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update:

I have purchased new tires. I changed the shocks and had it aligned. I already ran 2,000 miles on them. We'll see if it starts cupping again. Bushings looked perfect, no cracks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts