Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Eat_Crowe, I know you moved on from the Pathfinder, but I just wanted to say thank you for the write up and research. I ordered the C45-421 with 30MM lift and they came in 1 week (even after being back ordered). The first spring removal/installation took two hours. The second took 15 minutes. :) As always, the second time is always easier.

Overall, SUPER happy with the results. No noticeable difference in handling or comfort, but the rear sag & drag with acceleration is almost gone. And I love the evenness of the front & rear wheel gap now. I'll be towing my camper in Oct., so looking forward to seeing if the severe sag is reduced as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bough the rear springs - C45-421. It will take bout a week to get here. This is a before picture, empty vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,254 Posts
I'll be towing my camper in Oct., so looking forward to seeing if the severe sag is reduced as well.
madflava, so what was the result? Did it make any difference with the trailer? I'd be curious to know.

·
Registered
101 Posts
JayArras, we cancelled the trip due to snow. However, I did tow our camper empty back & forth to storage and visually noticed significantly less sag. It felt really good to see that. We've booked a bunch of trips this summer, so I'll report back on a fully loaded camper & car with some insights on the sag and handling characteristics.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,254 Posts
How much did those set you back with installation?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did the install myself. Took about an hour. Springs(C45-421) were $325(including shipping).
Next project - rims and tires, original tires needs to be changed soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those of you that have bought the springs, where did you get them from? Apparently they are no longer available until May.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got mine from dobinsonsdirect.com about a month ago.
Ordered the heavy duty ones first, but was told they were out of stock for several weeks - they had the standard spring rate models in stock at the time, so that's what I got.

·
Registered
2013 Nissan Pathfinder
1 Posts
Did the install myself. Took about an hour. Springs(C45-421) were $325(including shipping).
Next project - rims and tires, original tires needs to be changed soon.
Hey @ajay62, mind sharing some steps and what all tools you needed for the install? Would like to do this on our PF.

Also just wanted to confirm all you had to do was add the new rear coil springs but still able to use the stock shocks that it came with?

Almost seems like doing just the rear springs is a “leveling” approach, which I agree looks much better. Just to confirm, the fronts are still stock in your “after” photo?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey @ajay62, mind sharing some steps and what all tools you needed for the install? Would like to do this on our PF.

Also just wanted to confirm all you had to do was add the new rear coil springs but still able to use the stock shocks that it came with?

Almost seems like doing just the rear springs is a “leveling” approach, which I agree looks much better. Just to confirm, the fronts are still stock in your “after” photo?
tools I used.
1 floor jack
1 scissors jack
jack stands
pry bar

When replacing the spring, I had to alternating between the 2 jacks with the help of the pry bar to get the alignment for the bolt.

only the springs are changed, stock shocks remain.
no change made to front.
I used this video as a guide,

21 - 33 of 33 Posts