Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I ordered LED for my rear license plate lights but I can't figure out how to change the bulbs. Does anyone know how to change the bulbs?
Isn't that something you figure out before you buy the bulbs? While you're at it try and figure how to change taillights too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bulbs are just normal T10 bulbs. I had ordered some to replace the interior lights. I just can't figure out how to access the rear license plate bulbs to change them. The reason I ask is because I don't want to break anything. I was asking for some help and not a smart comment. Isn't this a "HOW-TO" forum???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did it to mine the day after I got it too a lil scary to remove the door panned but it comes out easy. Take out the covers that give access to the tail lights bulbs as that will help you pull out. Also dont forget to remove the clips that are in the bottom of the door.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Isn't that something you figure out before you buy the bulbs? While you're at it try and figure how to change taillights too.

You are really getting on my last nerve w/ all your S/a remarks... after reviewing just a handful of your post its all the same... Do EVERYONE on here a favor and just stop logging in... This forum would be a better place...

·
Registered
113 Posts
The bulbs are just normal T10 bulbs. I had ordered some to replace the interior lights. I just can't figure out how to access the rear license plate bulbs to change them. The reason I ask is because I don't want to break anything. I was asking for some help and not a smart comment. Isn't this a "HOW-TO" forum???

patle just ignore PowerDdanger, as he NEVER has anything nice to say to anyone... I'm not exactly sure on these how they are replaced, i would go outside and look at mine but... its at its home away from home... The dealer for repairs.... LOL

·
Registered
215 Posts
patle just ignore PowerDdanger, as he NEVER has anything nice to say to anyone... I'm not exactly sure on these how they are replaced, i would go outside and look at mine but... its at its home away from home... The dealer for repairs.... LOL
You're responding to my post from FIVE months ago.... Move along with your child like ego and know it all responses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You're responding to my post from FIVE months ago.... Move along with your child like ego and know it all responses.
You are right. We need to get rid of the dumb folks on this forum, always trying to help each other out, or expecting other members to provide answers. I am disgusted with the sea of idiocracy around me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
To the op yes you do have to remove the rear hatch finisher per the service manual to change the bulbs. It does show you can remove the exterior pieces that gain access to the lenses but states the change bulbs to remove the finisher from rear hatch. Just an FYI for anyone whom may need to know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Changing the License Plate Bulbs

Did this job myself and it's very easy and no special tools required.

1. When you look at the back tail gate finish panel you will notice three access panels, one in the middle and one on each side.
2. With a flat blade screw driver or trim tool, carefully pry the panels off, you will see a little slot for the blade of the tool to insert in to.
3. With these off you now have something to grab on to.
4. Starting on either the right or left side, carefully but forcefully pull on the finish panel to disengage it from the white body clips. You will hear and see a pop.
5.You should have easy access to the license plate bulbs now. At this point if you want, using a trim fastener plier, you can remove the bottom trim clips but this should NOT be necessary.
6. Twist the bulb harness counter clockwise and you will hear and feel it disengage. Pull the bulb out.
7. Replace stock W5W bulb with a cool SMD Bulb like: 5-SMD 168 194 LED Bulbs For Car Interior Lights, License Plate Lights
8. Test your installation.
9. Reverse of step #6 to reinstall.Make sure your bulb housings are seated for waterproofness.
10. Line up the finish trim pins with their respective holes and push in with your hands.
11. Replace the 3 access panels.
12. Enjoy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts