Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just tried this on my 15 PF when I turn the AC on cold air blows hard out of the rear center console vents as well as the 3rd row vents on each side. As I turn the temp up to get heat in the PF the rear center console vents have barely a trickle of air coming from them and no air whatsoever coming out of the 3rd row vents. With 2 small children sitting in the back I want to make sure there is plenty of heat coming out of the rear vents. Anybody get any results from a dealer on this??

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have no problem in Ontario with heat in any row or cooling for that matter and I believe when the heat is on it comes mostly from under the seats...1st and 2nd row...those 3rd row side vents only blow air when the AC is on I believe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So some of you are getting heat Getting pushed by the fan in a high mode while in the 2nd row? We are in the same category of people who have high ac only, and the whisper of heat. How many of you have the good heat? Our dealer cannot figure it out and even replaced the whole thing once. 2014 pathfinder here

·
Registered
1 Posts
Third Row Venting

Hi All -

This seems to be a recurring theme about issues. My wife brought her 2015 Pathfinder into the dealership to get the first oil service done. She also mentioned the third row has no air coming out of the vents and the second row has a slight amount of air coming out.

They proceeded to tell her the vents are there for pressurization when the rear hatch is closed it allows the pressure to be reduced so the windows don't blow out and that the third row vents aren't connected to anything. So she left.

She came home and told me this and I was pissed. We bought the pathfinder for the sliding 2nd row seat for the car seat and the third row heating so my daughter would be nice and warm and cool during winter and summer respectively.

I went on nissanusa.com and found a picture and description about how the second and third rows are heated and cooled.

http://www.nissanusa.com/suvs/pathfinder/versions-specs/version.s.html

(yes I have the s version) but they all have the Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control. So I brought this up to the dealership and they are now looking into this. If anyone's dealership is telling them thats how it works that is unacceptable. Tell them to look it up on nissans website. It should work and there must be an issue. Nissan should make this right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I discovered last month that I have the same problem (all summer the a/c blew like gang busters out of 2nd row vents - could see the air blowing my nephew's hair up and away from his face) except when I discovered the problem with the heat in December 2015 the controls in the 2nd row didn't work either (verified by dealership mechanic). Dropped off for repair, picked it up, failed to test it before leaving the dealership, tested when I got home - barely a trickle of hot air seeping from the 2nd row vents. Tried every combination with front and rear controls..... Nothing. Dropped off car at dealership again yesterday, get phone call from service manager today telling me he compared it to three other vehicles of same model and they all do the same thing, summing up that that's just the way it is. THAT'S CRAP! Must find a way to independently verify this not proper functionality.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am having the same problem. the dealer told me.. get this....
"when you put the A/C on, the cold air blows lots, so it can cool down the car, because the rear vents don't have a separate A/C unit. But when you put the heat on, it slows the motor down so that it doesn't make the hot air come out cold by blowing it hard". right from the service advisor!!

seriously

he added "its a 2015 issue, they fixed it in the 2019 model"

Has anyone found a fix??

·
Registered
19 Posts
To make it clear, when the rear HEAT is on, and it needs it (has been -40 C up here) there is nothing more than a slight whisper coming out of the middle row consol vents. I have not tried the 3rd row yet. I know when the AC is on and it is COOLING there is lots, almost too much, blowing coming from the middle row consol vents. '13 Plat. Premium. It seems that you are able to select where you are venting your air, I only can select the vent (picture pointing at your knees). Are you sure your heating is coming on? Like I said, there is lots of air when it is cooling, only heat has the problem. I really hope that I can get more blowing coming out of the vents, but when your dealer says that is how it is, what do you do? I don't know anyone else that has one, so I can't test.
I have a 2015 Platinum.. I am experiencing the exact same problem and i have been told from the dealer that "they are all like that". The service advisor went on to say something along these lines: "the cold air blows lots because its cold air, but (the vent) it slows down when you put on the heat so it doesnt cool down the hot air" I laughed in his face..

There is no fix.. the dealer refuses to admit there is any issue. But the funny thing is, when i first drove the vehicle (the first day i owned it) the center console got so hot from the rear heat (which was on full blast and full hot) that i thought there was an electrical fire in the console.. i have never had a working (rear console) fan since that day.

A whisper of air is accurate!! that's all I get too

·
Registered
3 Posts
No one found a solution to this? I just picked up a 2017 SL and it has this issue and my 2 kids that have to sit in the 3rd row keep complaining they don't get warm. I'm afraid when summer comes they will cook back there with no ac.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,609 Posts
No one found a solution to this? I just picked up a 2017 SL and it has this issue and my 2 kids that have to sit in the 3rd row keep complaining they don't get warm. I'm afraid when summer comes they will cook back there with no ac.
This has been discussed many times in this forum. The third row vents are for AC only, heat is supplied via the floor vents to the third row.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts