Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 months old and already needs body work. Wife was rear ended by a guy with no license or insurance, so not only will the PF be damaged goods, I'm out my $500 deductible. Not a lot of damage, only a crease in the bumper and a cracked silver accent piece, but enough to warrant replacing the entire rear bumper. First estimate was nearly $1000.

·
Registered
66 Posts
3 months old and already needs body work. Wife was rear ended by a guy with no license or insurance, so not only will the PF be damaged goods, I'm out my $500 deductible. Not a lot of damage, only a crease in the bumper and a cracked silver accent piece, but enough to warrant replacing the entire rear bumper. First estimate was nearly $1000.
UGH, so sorry to hear this. That is a major bummer. :(

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry to hear. I got tee-boned on the passenger side - right between the wheel wells. Thankfully, only body damage. Drive train and unibody untouched. I'm recovering from it emotionally - therapy is a wonderful thing :) Thankfully no injuries and the airbags did their job.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same thing happened to me.... had mine about 3 months and got rear ended. Only damage was to the panel that covers the hitch receiver area, but they had to order a whole new bumper because they're not all the same mount points.... at least that's what I was told.... seems a little suspicious to me.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Had same happen to me around Nov last year, and even though bumper didn't seem that bad, the mount points for the bumper are plastic, and then bolt goes through the plastic eye to hold to car, and most of these snapped, or cracked from impact, so no repairing them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts