Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran rear airbags on my 08 Pathfinder to help with towing , handling and overall levelness-towing or not.

Has anyone done this to the new '13 yet? I'm thinking the bigger rear coil springs wouldn't allow the airbags to stay in properly, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i almost thought you mean rear airbags as in crash airbags.

Well you need to find a kit made for this pathfinder right? I guess you could if you towed some heavy loads but I'd be more worried about the CVT going.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I don't think we'll see this happen too often as the new pathfinder is unlike the last one which was on a truck frame, being on a car-like platform this won't be popular at all.

But if you do it, please show us, it'd be cool to see!.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I wouldn;t invest on something like that for the nissan pathfinder. Yes we can do some towing with it but its way over kill. Maybe if you do enough towing on it yes but then again if your doing that much towing you might want to look for a dedicated pick up truck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3000 lbs of Atv and enclosed 7x14 trailer. It's not about how often but about feeling safe and level. Yes it's a CVT unibody vehicle.. But if Nissan says I can tow.... Then I will ...
Airbags will be added, it helped my 08 Path with sagging, handling, and Towing.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
3000 lbs of Atv and enclosed 7x14 trailer. It's not about how often but about feeling safe and level. Yes it's a CVT unibody vehicle.. But if Nissan says I can tow.... Then I will ...
Airbags will be added, it helped my 08 Path with sagging, handling, and Towing.
Exactly if air bags help then you might as well. But I stick to what I originally said when I said it won't be something a lot of new PF owners will do.

Seems like since the new Pathfinder is no longer on a truck frame, the Xterra is what people are looking to get.

Have you priced out an air bag setup as yet?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cant find em yet, but the old kit was a universal mount and was about $100....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Been thinking about this for a couple weeks now and the simplest and most efficient solution is going to be load leveling shocks. I've been talking to a friend that works with Monroe on getting specs to see if they have a current product that will work or if something can be put into the works.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Firestone Ride Rite 4118 are pretty close to the right size. I have a set in my '13 PF, and they work pretty well. I'm still working on hose routing that I'm happy with, but it's a start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts