Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon from Texas. My console has gone blank twice now and I was instructed too remove the negative wire from the battery terminal wait 3 minutes and then reattach. Although it has worked both times I explained the problem to the service department this morning when I took it in for the 15k service and they told me that they wouldn't know unless it has happened and then I bring it for examination. It's the 2019 pf sv model. Just wondering if it has happened to others on this site. Thanks....

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,661 Posts
There are electronic gremlins (technical term) that crop up in these vehicles from time to time. Like any computers, they sometimes need to be restarted to resolve issues. The instructions you were given are a no-cost solution to an unknown problem. If it happens frequently, it will need further diagnostics, but for now, I'd just be happy that you got off cheap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are electronic gremlins (technical term) that crop up in these vehicles from time to time. Like any computers, they sometimes need to be restarted to resolve issues. The instructions you were given are a no-cost solution to an unknown problem. If it happens frequently, it will need further diagnostics, but for now, I'd just be happy that you got off cheap.
Yup...gotta be a relay somewhere in the console. I went ahead and got the 10yr 100k warranty thinking this might be covered but sometimes not worth the bs and the waste of my time at the service department just so they can try to blow some kinda smoke up my a## and say that it's one of those ic chips that are hard to get or discontinued...ha..ha

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
955 Posts
Are you referring to the display screen towards the center/top of the dash? A bit confused when you mentioned console. That's on the floor between the front seats.

I too own a 2019 SV model, bought used 1.5yrs ago with 24K miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought it new. It's my first nissan. I'm really a Ford or Chevy guy but my wife wanted this one so what could I do.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
955 Posts
Wish I had some suggestions. If in fact it is a bad display, If you pull the dash bezel off, the display is pretty much just that. The actual radio and working bits is a separate component(s) behind the display. I dunno of any way to troubleshoot it. Honestly, going by numbers of them on the road, I think Fords and Chevys are more trouble prone in this segment of vehicle.

Worst case scenario, you can buy aftermarket head units that will come with a new display, new bezel and all new buttons/controls for the HVAC. I'm not big on aftermarket, but in a pinch..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Are you referring to the display screen towards the center/top of the dash? A bit confused when you mentioned console. That's on the floor between the front seats.

I too own a 2019 SV model, bought used 1.5yrs ago with 24K miles.
Wish I had some suggestions. If in fact it is a bad display, If you pull the dash bezel off, the display is pretty much just that. The actual radio and working bits is a separate component(s) behind the display. I dunno of any way to troubleshoot it. Honestly, going by numbers of them on the road, I think Fords and Chevys are more trouble prone in this segment of vehicle.

Worst case scenario, you can buy aftermarket head units that will come with a new display, new bezel and all new buttons/controls for the HVAC. I'm not big on aftermarket, but in a pinch..
Still under warranty. If it happens again I'll have them check it out. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts