Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone else has come accross their XM radio channels resetting on their own. It's happened a couple of times now. I figured it might be a short or ground problem but the clock is not resetting. Any ideas as to what it might be?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi All
Just wondering if anyone else has come accross their XM radio channels resetting on their own. It's happened a couple of times now. I figured it might be a short or ground problem but the clock is not resetting. Any ideas as to what it might be?
Okay, forgive the basic question, but are you aware that there is an FM1 and an FM2? I've seen some people set all their presets on FM one, and then one day unknowingly switch over to FM2 and can't find their presets and think there's something wrong. Sorry, basic troubleshooting demands that I has to question.

Does it happen all the time? Are other things not staying memorized? The reason I ask, is because it sounds like you have the car still in showroom mode. If you open your fuse box, there is a white piece of plastic over several fuses. If you push it in then it is in showroom mode and it shuts the battery power off to several features while the car is not running. Radio presets is one of those things. If you pull it out, then power is restored to everything at all times. My dealer did not remember to do this when he delivered the car, even though it is part of his delivery checklist, and I had similar problems to you, like my seats not being memorized, my radio stations not being memorized, etc.

The other thing that it could be, is that you have a faulty control module. I blew a control module and with it, it took my radio station presets down.

Two suggestions, I'm sure there's more, but after checking the fusebox, take it to dealer because its not normal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, forgive the basic question, but are you aware that there is an FM1 and an FM2? I've seen some people set all their presets on FM one, and then one day unknowingly switch over to FM2 and can't find their presets and think there's something wrong. Sorry, basic troubleshooting demands that I has to question.

Does it happen all the time? Are other things not staying memorized? The reason I ask, is because it sounds like you have the car still in showroom mode. If you open your fuse box, there is a white piece of plastic over several fuses. If you push it in then it is in showroom mode and it shuts the battery power off to several features while the car is not running. Radio presets is one of those things. If you pull it out, then power is restored to everything at all times. My dealer did not remember to do this when he delivered the car, even though it is part of his delivery checklist, and I had similar problems to you, like my seats not being memorized, my radio stations not being memorized, etc.

The other thing that it could be, is that you have a faulty control module. I blew a control module and with it, it took my radio station presets down.

Two suggestions, I'm sure there's more, but after checking the fusebox, take it to dealer because its not normal.
It's not the FM channels that reset. It's the XM Sat radio that resets

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
It's not the FM channels that reset. It's the XM Sat radio that resets
There are also XM1/2/3 presets.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - but doesn't the intelligent key used to start the car also tie into the radio presets? In other words, if you regularly swap which key you use, that might cause the "forgetting" of the presets.

EDIT: Yep - sure enough. Here is the TSB:

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/latest-uploads/24912-ntb12-109-a.html

I'm pretty much the only driver of my PF, so I never noticed it before - but I believe I've heard some other members complain of similar problems and that's what it's related to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Radio Issue

I'm bringing mine into the dealership tomorrow morning for this same issue. The issue seems to be isolated to the satellite radio. I've had satellite radio in my last three vehicles so I'm aware of the 1-2-3 settings. This is different. I also seems to lose channels. Some days I have them, some days I don't. I also noticed that my backup sensor keeps turning itself off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm bringing mine into the dealership tomorrow morning for this same issue. The issue seems to be isolated to the satellite radio. I've had satellite radio in my last three vehicles so I'm aware of the 1-2-3 settings. This is different. I also seems to lose channels. Some days I have them, some days I don't. I also noticed that my backup sensor keeps turning itself off.

We thought ours was doing that, but the key you use and the preset you use on the door for driver 1 and driver 2 dictate the presets. Check that also

·
Registered
3 Posts
It was the keys. The weird thing was that with one key, I got the XM All Access Pass, with the other key, I did not. I guess that is what led to the confusion. The dealership had no clue. Thank goodness for this forum.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Subject: SB 2013 Pathfinder; Radio, A/C, Navi Settings Change with I-Key Memory
Summary of NTB12109: SERVICE INFORMATION The Applied Vehicles are equipped with a new version of Intelligent Key presets memory. Each Intelligent Key can be programmed to have its own unique set of presets for certain vehicle systems. Vehicle systems that are linked with Intelligent Key include: -- Automatic Drive Positioner (includes driver seat, steering column, and mirror position memory) -- Audio (station presets, etc.) -- Auto air conditioning and heating (retains the last temperature and mode setting for each Intelligent Key user) -- Navigation system (retains the last settings [e.g., Birdview] and clock display preference for each Intelligent Key user) See this bulletin for further detail.

·
Registered
89 Posts

Sorry for bumping old thread, can you tell me how to switch FM1 and FM2 because I can only see FM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts