Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Pathfinder SV with 52,000 miles 2wd in Miami, Florida US. One of my radiator fan started making a grinding noise. I made an inspection moving the fan blade with my hand (engine off) and it felt a little loose. This indicated it has a bad bearing. Since, I needed the car for my wife, I went ahead and unplugged the bad fan while I look for the part.

Went to the dealer to buy the fan motor only but like always they sell the entire fan assembly for $700+. After leaving the dealer, I passed by my local auto parts and they're saying the car is too new. They don't sell the part.

I've tried to look up the fan motor manufacturer but they don't sell to the public.

I ended up ordering the fan assembly from Parts geek.com. $200 with shipping. I will be doing the repair myself.

I'm really mad about the situation because a radiator fan suppose to last longer than 2 years. My suggestion to the new pathfinder owners is to buy the extended warranty.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks,
Javier

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why is this not covered by your warranty???
I only had the bumper to bumper 36,000 miles or 3 years.
I have a 2015 Pathfinder SV with 52,000 miles 2wd in Miami, Florida US. One of my radiator fan started making a grinding noise. I made an inspection moving the fan blade with my hand (engine off) and it felt a little loose. This indicated it has a bad bearing. Since, I needed the car for my wife, I went ahead and unplugged the bad fan while I look for the part.

Went to the dealer to buy the fan motor only but like always they sell the entire fan assembly for $700+. After leaving the dealer, I passed by my local auto parts and they're saying the car is too new. They don't sell the part.

I've tried to look up the fan motor manufacturer but they don't sell to the public.

I ended up ordering the fan assembly from Parts geek.com. $200 with shipping. I will be doing the repair myself.

I'm really mad about the situation because a radiator fan suppose to last longer than 2 years. My suggestion to the new pathfinder owners is to buy the extended warranty.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks,
Javier

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had to replace mine 2015 sv, at 70000 miles, but now my fan is constantly running on high even with air off. Mechanic tried replacing the control module but same result. Any ideas o n what could be causing the fan to be always on high? The fan is working right, mechanic was able to set to high/low through the computer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2 of the connectors are very similar on the control unit. The one big grey one only goes in one spot but perhaps the smaller grey and brown connector were mixed up. The brown connector is the very bottom. I can't say for sure if they can be switched or not i haven't tried but its possible. Whats the coolant temp at? If the coolant temp gets high the ecm will command both fans on max speed regardless of AC operation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yesterday I brought my 2015 Pathfinder with 53,000 miles in for the rattling noisy cooling fan. I have an extended warranty & they said it was a known issue so it was replaced at no cost with part 21481-3JA2E on Service Bulletin NTB17-100. I asked if it's a known issue when are they going to announce a recall to save all owners the expense of their defective parts, he said maybe they will, good luck with that. Also had a noisy front right wheel bearing replaced at 48,000

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it does end up becoming a recall, anyone who paid the dealership to perform the replacement at their own cost will generally be reimbursed the amount. If it was done privately, and the fan was purchased through a Dealer you may have some recourse to get the part cost covered but that i cannot confirm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts