Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Australia Dobsons springs make a 30mm lift kit. Only one option for a lift for the R52 Pathfinder. 30mm Dobsons springs.

I'm planning on putting on an alloy ECB Bullbar the springs I'm looking at are:
C45-422 Front
C45-423 Rear

Has anyone done a lift on their pathfinder yet?
How did it go?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you'd be the first one on this forum to lift it, let us know how it goes and post some pics.
Here is a thread that you might find interesting. http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum/11-appearance-body/16138-off-road-look.html
Thanks for that, I'm interested in mods to make it more practical on the sand and in that ilk I'm changing suspension for more clearance, tyres for clearance and footprint.
I have a Rhino rack roof basket ordered (1st one arrived was too narrow).

Next is wheels and tyres.
After that will be a bull bar and driving lights for roo's. We do a lot of night driving on country roads.

King have 30mm lift standard weight, Dobinson have 30mm lift with extra weight. I think that's what I'm going for.

I haven't priced it out yet but I'll probably fit them myself and take a heap of photo's when I do :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I wonder if roo collisions are like deer collisions here in N. America. It's very common, and regular enough that everyone knows somebody who has one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have just put on the dobinson springs on my self the rear went in no problems but the front spring where a lot longer then the standerd set and i could not compares them to fit on standard strut.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dobinsons Spring and Suspension

i have just put on the dobinson springs on my self the rear went in no problems but the front spring where a lot longer then the standerd set and i could not compares them to fit on standard strut.
Can you provide the part numbers you ordered?

Dobinson provided me with:
Front - C45-420
Rear - C45-421

Are these the same you ordered, and are you saying the front is much longer than OEM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for that, I'm interested in mods to make it more practical on the sand and in that ilk I'm changing suspension for more clearance, tyres for clearance and footprint.
I have a Rhino rack roof basket ordered (1st one arrived was too narrow).

Next is wheels and tyres.
After that will be a bull bar and driving lights for roo's. We do a lot of night driving on country roads.

King have 30mm lift standard weight, Dobinson have 30mm lift with extra weight. I think that's what I'm going for.

I haven't priced it out yet but I'll probably fit them myself and take a heap of photo's when I do :)

Hi
Interesting comments as I am looking to do similar. I understand the ECB bull-bar sits over top of existing front bumper? I am looking for additional clearance at front as we'll as lift kit, or-road tyres etc for non trail roads.

How have you got on and do you have any pics you can share?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the Car in it's current Touring setup.
Still looking for Spring Options. As it sits the rear is very uncomfortable to ride in. We bottom out driving down some roads because so much of the suspension travel is compressed with the weight.

Planning a trip to Birdsville soon and definitely want springs before then!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can take after pics when I get home and to do the rears at least there was no spring compressors required, I simply put a Jack underneath the spring carrier to line the bolt and hub carrier up again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So tonight I did the rear springs with a pair of Kings KDRR99HD. While at it i measured the before and after floor to guard height.
Before was 805mm after was 860mm.

Quite chuffed how it turned out.
How hard was the install? Thinking about doing the same on the rear, but with just a stiffer spring for pulling our camper to reduce the sag.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you find an aftermarket strut to suit? How about rears?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What ever happened with the before and after pics? Any comments or reviews on their performance after install?
I found the King Springs 30mm raise on eBay for both front and rear shipped from Australia.
Looking at rears specifically for the stiffer and added trailer towing weight. I see that they offer a standard 30mm lift and HD version for added weight. I'm assuming compared to stock the reg lift are probably a big upgrade but looking for feedback.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In Australia Dobsons springs make a 30mm lift kit. Only one option for a lift for the R52 Pathfinder. 30mm Dobsons springs.

I'm planning on putting on an alloy ECB Bullbar the springs I'm looking at are:
C45-422 Front
C45-423 Rear

Has anyone done a lift on their pathfinder yet?
How did it go?
Did you ever lift your R52

1 - 20 of 24 Posts